KWenger's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 21st, 2017 12:59 AM

Tivo compatible with U-verse?

This week AT&T began laying fiber cable in our neighborhood.  When the project is done we will be able to sign up for FAST (1000Mbps) internet service and also U-verse TV.  I am hearing conflicting information about whether or not our Tivo DVR will be compatible with U-verse?   For many years we have had Time Warner Cable (now Spectrum) and since 2000 we have always had various models of Tivo.  Presently we use a cable card acquired through Time Warner to enable our Tivo to work with TW cable.  Works great and never a problem.  Will AT&T also make a cable card available so that we can continue to use our Tivo with U-verse?  I firmly believe Tivo is superior to all other DVRs and would not consider switching to the AT&T DVR.  If we can continue using our Tivo we will definitely switch to U-verse.  If not we will stick with Time Warner (Spectrum.)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I'm in the same boat and I completely agree I would be willing to switch but I do not want to give up my TiVo!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Yes, same for me. So sick of Comcast, but I love TiVo

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

What a load of crap. AT&T decided it wasn't a cable company, so it neatly bypassed FCC regulations that required them to support 3rd party hardware with a cable card. I move into an apartment building that only offers uverse and/or directTV, so my Tivo box is now relegated to WiFi channels (Netflix/YouTube/Hulu, etc.) plus my library of recorded content.

Not only is AT&T not a "cable" company, they apparently aren't even an internet company since they offer no internet video content either. My my my my. Roku here I come.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.