halperna's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, October 20th, 2019 9:00 PM

Three Dots still present after Non-Disaster Recovery and Disaster Recovery Procedures

I have three dots on the TV. I did both the Non-Disaster Recovery and Disaster Recovery procedures. But, the dots are still there. Recommendations?

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

4 years ago

If you do factory reset correctly, the box will boot up into a gear and progress bar at the bottom of the screen, and then will eventually lead to a Uverse screen.  

Expert

• 

15K Messages

4 years ago

Non-disaster recover is scanning the drive to rebuild it's directory so, depending on the drive size, that could take some time so give it a chance.  If not completing the boot in, say 20 minuets, then I'd start to worry.

I would expect disaster recovery to be faster in that it would need to wipe out the directory.  On the other hand it could be reformatting the entire drive and that would take even longer than non-disaster recovery.  So wait that one out as well.  Say up to 40 minutes.

If these never complete the boot sequence then call tech support (800-288-2020) to get a replacement dvr (this is the dvr we're talking about right?).  You will lose all the recording (in the case of the disaster recovery) but they are lost anyhow.  And if non-disaster recovery doesn't complete they recordings can still be considered lost too.  In either case you don't lose program scheduling since that's not stored on the drive.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.