americangame's profile

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

Saturday, April 2nd, 2011 3:13 AM

TV through coax issues. Uverse Realtime help

We've been having issues watching live TV in our bedroom recently.  Live TV will freeze/pause and fragmenting while trying to watch a DVR'd show is next to impossible.  I've attached Realtime images connected to the box in question. The box is connected via coax and the gateway is also connected from the outside via coax as well.

CoaxHPNA-2011-04-01-21-55-57.pngBitloading-2011-04-01-21-55-53.pngInterfaces-2011-04-01-21-55-49.pngErrorTable-2011-04-01-21-55-46.pngStats-2011-04-01-21-55-42.png

5 Attachments

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

13 years ago

You're getting interference on the coax run from the outside box to the gateway.  Call tech support, have them send a tech, he needs to remove the outside-to-gateway coax run and the diplexer and replace it with a Cat5e run.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

We can't see your photo until the Mod approves it (standard procedure). Just so you know we aren't ignoring you. Smiley Wink

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

13 years ago

@SomeJoe7777 wrote:

You're getting interference on the coax run from the outside box to the gateway.  Call tech support, have them send a tech, he needs to remove the outside-to-gateway coax run and the diplexer and replace it with a Cat5e run.

Thanks  for the info. I might be stupid with this but the only two options for tthe tech to install the outside line to the gateway is either via coax or phone line.  Is coming in via the phone line the same at CAT5e or is there a difference?

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

13 years ago

Cat5e is ethernet cable -- different from phone line.  Here's some more info.  My install is coax and works well - usually - but most folks have found Cat5e wiring to be more reliable.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

13 years ago

The NID to gateway link can be coax using a diplexer (which is what you have now) or it can use a single twisted pair.  You can run that single pair over phone wire or Cat5e, but using Cat5e makes the connection more resistant to interference.

Coax+Diplexer installations can pick up interference like this because the entire coax network is physically connected together.  Using Cat5e or phone wire will isolate that incoming part of the system.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for all the help guys.  we'll probably have to ask them to go throught he phone wire due to the side of the house where the connection is located is brick.  There is another location they may be able to install a cat5e cable at isn't brick but it is closer to the gateway installation area.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

13 years ago

Just a note to the community, after I had the techs (both a line tech and an inside tech) come in I actually was able to upgrade my profile from the 19/2 profile to the 25/2 one.  It's very nice to have 3 HD channels instead of having only 2.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Excellent!  Enjoy your 3HD. Smiley Happy

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

13 years ago

Excellent that everything's working better.  Can you post another set of screenshots from UVRT so that we can see the improvement?

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

13 years ago

Sorry for the delayed response, here are my new statsBitloading-2011-04-28-20-53-05.pngErrorTable-2011-04-28-20-52-54.pngStats-2011-04-28-20-52-42.png

3 Attachments

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.