Surround sound receiver goes from DD 5.1 to stereo when fast forwarding DVR recordings

Highlighted
Contributor

Surround sound receiver goes from DD 5.1 to stereo when fast forwarding DVR recordings

I have a Onkyo surround sound receiever connected to my STB via optical connection. When I fast forward or rewind a DVR recording my receiever switches from dolby 5.1 to stereo and then back again when I quite fast fowarding. My STB is set for surround sound. It's pretty annoying having the receiever click back and forth and can't be all that great for the receiever. Anyone else have this issue and been able to resolve it. 

BTW - it also does this when I get the picture freezing thing going on but that's a whole another can of worms;(  

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Surround sound receiver goes from DD 5.1 to stereo when fast forwarding DVR recordings

npearman - I agree that the sound setting should not change when doing different functions. As a work around - Perhaps your receiver is in an auto detect setting. Can you change it so that you select manually & it does not respond to what it detects?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Surround sound receiver goes from DD 5.1 to stereo when fast forwarding DVR recordings

I think you're right. I'm pretty sure it is in auto mode. I'll look at setting to manual. Thanks for the advice.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app on your device.
It allows you to troubleshoot in the palm of your hand - quickly and easily!
You will also find some helpful articles below.

Additional Support