jesstiger81's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, April 13th, 2011 1:19 PM

Still having problems with my DVD player

I followed the steps in the programming guide as far as programming the remote to control the DVD player.  I got as far as turning the DVD player off with the remote, but I can't get it to turn on again. 

Even if I can get it turned on, I have no idea where to go to be in DVD mode to watch DVDs.  I hit DVD on the remote and then POWER, but nothing happened. 

PLEASE HELP!!!

Extremely Frustrated.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

13 years ago

As Tony would say - GRRREEAAT!!!

Now we can talk about the remote - Is the remote programmed for your TV? I believe you said you turn on the TV with the U-verse remote.

With the TV on, press the TV button on the U-verse remote. Then press theTV/video button on the U-verse remote.

Do you get the same result as on the TV remote?

I had another thought - Do you have a "last channel" button on your TV? If you do, there is a last button on u-Verse below guide next to chan+-. Push TV then last - may toggle between U-verse & DVD player inputs on your TV.

Remember, after doing these TV steps you will want to push the at&t button to go back tyo "normal" u-verse operation.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

13 years ago

Awesome help, aviewer!

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

13 years ago

Agree DH, and great follow up too aviewer. Smiley Wink

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

13 years ago

Tanks for the compliments. I did not get all the way up to see it was uniblurb3 that kept it alive.

Would like to see jesstiger81 come back so we can see if the U-verse remoye can do TV and DVD.

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

13 years ago

What's funny aviewer as soon as I saw the OP had a SDTV I knew exactly what the problem was and wrote a reply. It said about the exactly same thing yours did as far as the cabling goes and don't connect any equipment to the RG. So I checked the thread right before posting, here you had already beat me to the punch, so I deleted my reply.

You are either waay too fast or I'm waaay to slow. Probably the later. Smiley Very Happy

Yeah, would be nice if the OP (original poster) came back so we could close this case on the remote not working. Smiley Wink

BTW, it would have helped solve this problem quicker if the OP said he had a SDTV to begin with. Sometimes it seems like users may be a little embarrassed they don't have a HDTV so they don't open up. They shouldn't and I watch a SDTV down my basement all the time. It's whatever you have, and can afford, for us trying to help troubleshoot problems.

Hey jesstiger81, come on back so we can try to fix your remote problems!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

This have really helped me....thanks for the constant feedback and questions
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.