Jjkkjk's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, December 10th, 2017 10:48 PM

Signal booster

While watching TV via wireless receivers, the screen freezes and within 30 seconds a message stating the signal was lost and instructions on what to do next appears. This happens with every wireless box on every channel and as often as every five minutes or so.  Is there a way to boost the signal to avoid this? The modem is new as of April 2017 so, I shouldn’t experience issues concerning lost signals. Suggestions please.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Also, this just started happening with all of the wireless boxes. The funny thing is, the box closest to the modem has experienced this freezing for several months. I don’t use that box much so, it really wasn’t irritating. However, the other boxes which are farther away from the modem, did not suffer this freezing issue until a day ago and it has become extremely irritating.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

There are no wifi range extenders that I know of for the wireless receivers. I always suggest playing around with the position of the WAP to increase signal strength using a longer ethernet cable to give you the freedom to move it around.

If this is a recent issue the perhaps you are experiencing some kind of interference.  Anything else on the 2.4GHz band you can think of that might interfere?  Cordless phone or whatever?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.