TiptonHeld's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, November 9th, 2011 5:15 AM

Setting up Uverse with Sony Blu-Ray/DVD Home theater

I am attemtping to connect a Sony Blu-Ray/DVD Home Theater System BVD-E780W with my Uverse Motorolla VIP1225 receiver. I have TV mounted above fireplace with HDMI going through the wall and into a cabinet. Another HDMI wire cannot be fished through the wall without the removal of built-in bookcase.

So I have attempted to use a Rocketfish splitter. The HDMI coming out of the TV, runs into the splitter. An adidtional HDMI goes from splitter to Uverse box and another to Blu-ray player. Method does not work. In fact, even when just using the splitter to connect TV to UVerse my connection is lost.

The Blu-Ray player has one HDMI out outlet and two HDMI inputs. I attempted to route HDMI from TV into Blu-Ray and then out to UVserse but this did not give me a signal either. Does anyone have experince hooking up this type of Blu-Ray player with the motorolla uverse box?

Any help is appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

373 Messages

12 years ago

According to the manual, you should be able to run a Set Top Box through your home theater system using HDMI.   Here is a link to the support site:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-home.pl?mdl=BDVE780W&template_id=1®ion_id=1&tab=manuals#/manualsTab

Make sure the HDMI cables are plugged into the correct inputs.

It shows you have to cycle through the inputs using the FUNCTION button on the remote.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

I think the HT should be able to do the switching - that is what it is supposed to do. The STB/TV works when connected directly, but not through the HT. Call Sony for help. BTW the model # is BDV-E780W .

Hope the Rocketfish is returnable - pretty expensive. You can get an auto splitter at Amazonn for about $15. You can also get IR controlled HDMI switches for less than $30. But, you should not need these. That is the purpose of the HT. It should work. Use an IR controlled switch only as a last resort - first hold Sony's feet to the fire.

Teacher

• 

31 Messages

12 years ago

I think you need a two port switch instead of a splitter.  Go to Amazon and pick one up.  Then hookup the outputs from the blueray and stb to the HDMI input on the tv.  When you use the blueray you will have to turn the stb off.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

TiptonHeld - I was rereading your OP - you say from TV out to u-verse. Could be as bri_man_65 says you have connections reversed.

When connecting these things think of the TV as the destination. Moving out from the TV it goes to an output on the next device. That device may take an input from the output of the next device upstream & so on.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.