GenuineHeart007's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, July 17th, 2016 9:14 AM

Closed

Saving DVR recordings to a memory stick or card

One technician told me I can save my dvr recordings to a usb memory stick.  How do I do this so I do not loose specific recordings?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

8 years ago

If you see him again, get instructions, because he's the only one around who knows how to do it.

Actually, that feature does not exist.  The only way to get a recording off the DVR is to play it back through a receiver and record it (note copy protection issues may have to be overcome).

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@GenuineHeart007   Charging my cell phone by the UBS is the only thing you can do w/it, tech was wrong. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Jeffer MC

What do you mean by play it back through a receiver and record it?

Thanks

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Jeffer MC What do you mean by play it back through a receiver and record it? Thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

8 years ago

You can hook a VCR or a PC Video Capture card to the Coax or Composite outputs of the U-verse TV Receiver.  Then start playing the recording through the TV Receiver and record it on the DVR or PC Video Capture software.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I just ordered this from Amazon for $89.  Seems pretty easy.  Plug into HDMI output on the DVR, pop in a USB Flash Drive, press start on both.

2018 Newest GooBang Doo HDVCB1 Mini 1080p HD Video Capture Box, PVR, DVR to USB flash drive. Record Xbox,PS4,Nintendo Switch Gameplay,Live TV,FPV drone,TV Box and more.Supports Microphone Audio Input. MP4 output.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

6 years ago

As long as it provides the HDCP handshake required for the DVR to believe it's not a recorder.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

right.  the capture device (usually) lacks the HDCP.  however, you can chain its input from an HDMI splitter like this:

ViewHD 2 Port 1x2 Powered HDMI 1 in 2 Out Mini Splitter for 1080P & 3D | Model: VHD-1X2MN3D

HTMI source ->  splitter (supplies HDCP handshake) -> hdmi capture -> TV

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

3 years ago

Please don't bump old threads. Thanks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.