For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
comments7407's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Wednesday, June 19th, 2019 3:20 AM

Remotely Restart DVR

Hello,  I've researched forums extensively on trying to restart the DVR itself.  I've been through the self help steps online for troubleshooting and have successfully restarted the gateway,  But I need to restart the DVR.  We are overseas right now and I can use the UVERSE app to look at recordings and such.  I see that nothing has been recorded since June 6th or so even though the record features show that they are setup properly. We dont want to watch over here.  All the troubleshooting steps take me to actually and physically pull the power or hold the button down. I can't do this now.  So,  Is there a way to remotely restart the DVR itself on UVERSE?

Thanks in Advance.

Sincerely

Garry M

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

I don't think there's a way to remotely force a reboot of the dvr.

One way your dvr could get into a situation where it is no longer recording is when there is a power failure.  When the power returns the dvr reboots faster than the gateway.  The dvr must call back to att to complete it's boot sequence properly.  If the gateway isn't ready by the time the dvr needs it it's boot is incomplete and doesn't allow recordings.  So the dvr needs to be explicitly rebooted after power failures.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for that information, not the answer I was looking for but what can I do at this point.  I can tell once I get home as microwave will be blinking. 

If the DVR didn't have to be plugged directly into a wall outlet I guess it could be it on a timer then and power down and back once every 24 hours to keep this from happening in the future. I may try this next time I go out for a long trip. (Or experiment while home to see if any negative outcomes).

Take care 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.