sentabo's profile

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

Saturday, December 4th, 2010 10:40 PM

Recordings to be Erased

I have some old Seinfeld episodes on my DVR that I would like to hang on to. There is a notice (with an exclamation point) that the Seinfeld folder is "To Be Erased Soon."

Is there a maximum amount of time that we can keep a recording? One would hope not. I've had these for about two years. It is not a space issue as I still have 20% available on my hard drive.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

If you go to Series Info (same Menu), you can set/change the Series Priority (bump it to the top).

Under Change Settings,  are all of those set to Keep Until Space is Needed?

Try unplugging your DVR at the back, wait 30 seconds, plug back in and wait for it to reboot.  Don't try this if you are recording something now, or a scheduled recording is upcoming in the next few minutes.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Go to the recording(s) you want to keep, select it; go to KEEP UNTIL on the left menu.

From there you can select Keep Until Space Needed.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

13 years ago

@spd2demun wrote:

Go to the recording(s) you want to keep, select it; go to KEEP UNTIL on the left menu.

From there you can select Keep Until Space Needed.

Unfortunately, the five episodes are aready marked as such. Thanks for trying.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

13 years ago

Change the Keep Until to I Erase, then it will choose other recordings for erasure unless you erase some. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

The reason any recordings in your dvr would be marked with the esclammation point would be because the dvr is almost full.  And in order for you to be able to record any more programs, your oldest recordings will be erased when more space is needed.  I have old recordings on my dvr and when the dvr is closed to full, the oldest recordings get the mark.  The way I make the marks go away is to watch some of my recorded programs and erase them.  That makes more memory on the dvr available and the marks no longer show up.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

13 years ago

@spd2demun wrote:

If you go to Series Info (same Menu), you can set/change the Series Priority (bump it to the top).

Under Change Settings,  are all of those set to Keep Until Space is Needed?

Try unplugging your DVR at the back, wait 30 seconds, plug back in and wait for it to reboot.  Don't try this if you are recording something now, or a scheduled recording is upcoming in the next few minutes.

The reboot did the trick, thank. Don't know why I always forget that one.  🙂

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Glad it worked, keep in it mind for the future as it fixes most things (like a brain refresh, LOL).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

This is not true. I have 90 hours used. It still marks shows to be erased soon. When you select keep till I erase it just replaces those with newer shoes to be erased. i have lost a lot of episodes and my dvr is not even close to being full

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

What is not true?

We're saying when you see this, unplug from the back, and let everything refresh.

You tried that and it didn't work for you?

What % is showing for your DVR right now?

@Niecy121 wrote:

This is not true. I have 90 hours used. It still marks shows to be erased soon. When you select keep till I erase it just replaces those with newer shoes to be erased. i have lost a lot of episodes and my dvr is not even close to being full

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

Its interesting how fast people post something is not true, especially when they have not experienced what we are talking about.  Sure there are exceptions, but it would be nice if someone said something isn't true that they got all of the info before they post that.  That statement suggests that we are telling lies instead of giving info that would help other subs.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.