For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Tasmaniac212's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, August 23rd, 2018 1:14 AM

Recordings list unavailable

I have 3 wireless dvr receivers but only one won't show listings. It just happens to be in our den where we all gather. Help!! I have rebooted, unplugged, synced AND had replaced. Nothing has worked.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Impossible if you are using att uverse!  The wall/lstreet cable is plugged into the back of your gateway through the green broadband port, or if you are using fiber, the red ONT port on the gateway.  The gateway connects to your dvr via an ethernet cord plugged into one of the gateway's yellow ports at one and the dvr's network port at the other end (coax may also be used but that is not used much anymore).  There are no exceptions.  That's the way uverse works. 

If you don't have the dvr connected to the gateway then pulling the plug on the dvr and putting it back in won't even let the reboot complete since it needs to log into the network as part of its boot sequence.  And it needs that gateway connection to do it.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Rebooted what?  Try rebooting your gateway (pull plug for 15 secs. and let it fully reboot) and after that the dvr (pull plug for 15 secs.).  Hopefully that will fix it.

Note, the dvr is the one wired to your gateway.  You can't have all wireless receivers.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

...and none wired to gateway

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

You have one DVR and it is wired to your gateway.... no ifs, ands or buts.   Follow the wire.

The wireless receivers are called Set Top Boxes.  Think of them as the 'slaves' to the 'master' DVR which has to communicate with the gateway via hardwired.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

Another clue is that the DVR will (generally) be the box nearest the gateway since it IS wired to it.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

In our home office there is the att gateway, a linksys home router, and a printer. THATS IT! All the receivers are in rooms with tvs. ATT told me that of our 3 dvr receivers, the main one is in our bedroom. ALL of them worked until a few weeks ago. Now all but one works. I have unplugged (as you suggested). I will send you a photo of the gateway  connections so you can see for yourself and then advise.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

ATT told me that of our 3 dvr receivers, the main one is in our bedroom

Again, impossible.  You can only have one dvr per billing address!  There is no such thing in an att uverse installation as a wireless dvr.  One of those units (the one and only dvr) must have a cable connected to the gateway.  That or you don't have a uverse setup.

I will send you a photo of the gateway...

Also post your gateway model if it is not obvious from (or shown in) the picture and a picture of the back of your gateway.  And also list the model numbers of all your "receivers"?  Then will know which one is the dvr because it will have a different model number that the other two.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Tasmaniac212  Let's go over this one more time.  You have ONE DVR.  It is hardwired to your Gateway (modem).  Any other boxes are called Set Top Boxes.  Those, and ONLY those, can be wireless.  You are confusing the STBs with the ONE DVR you have.

As @_xyzzy_stated, look on the front of each box and see what the model is.  It should say something like ISB7005 (which is a wireless STB) OR VIP2250 (DVR).  Those are just examples.  We can determine the brand and what it is by those numbers.  Same with your Gateway.  There's at least a number on the front, for example BGW210.

We're trying to help you but need more specific information.

Scooby-gang-1969.jpg

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

@Tasmaniac212    You've mistaken about the DVR being wireless. It is obvious why the recordings list is unavailable because the DVR itself is not connected directly to the modem. You need to check the DVR that is connected to the modem hardwired.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Worked. And very helpful to understand that I have one dvr and two "slave" stbs. Thanks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.