mhollinhead's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 9th, 2017 1:15 AM

Recordings list unavailable

The error message tells me to make sure the TV receiver and DVR receiver are connected to the network. How do I do this?? 

I get the same message from all the TV receivers.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Reboot the dvr and see if that clears it.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Tried it twice again tonight. Didn't resolve the problem. This happens to me often...almost every night around 11:30 pm. At this point, I just usually watch a program on Amazon or Netflix. I'm sick of calling for support and going through the process. I do it myself. Sometimes it works, but usually I just wait either for several hours or sometimes the next day. It's been unavailable for 3 days now. I don't have the time or patience to fool around with it or ATT. I'm about to change my cable/Internet provider. I'm disgusted.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

At this point, I just usually watch a program on Amazon or Netflix

Could using whatever device your streaming those on possibly cause your dvr problem?  Now sure how but then I don't know your setup.  If there's some correlation between these two events see what happens if you try streaming at a different time.  Does the dvr go down then?

I don't have the time or patience to fool around with it or ATT

If this problem has been repeatedly occurring for some time then why not just ask tech support for a replacement dvr?  At the very least you would eliminate that variable from your problem if the problem continues.  Yes, you will lose all your recordings.  But of course that will happen anyhow if you change providers!

If you are on a promo and you decide to change providers be prepared to pay early termination fees.

Update:

Just thought of something.  When your dvr goes "out" are there any red lights on your gateway?  Your streaming device certainly goes through that.  If the gateway goes down it does take a few minutes to reboot.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Have not been able to access recordings list for a few weeks.  Tried the reboot the dvr suggestion but did not work.  What else?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Try rebooting the gateway (pull plug for 15 secs. and let it fully reboot).  The gateway is the box your dvr is connected to.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Already did that.  Didn't help

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

If rebooting the gateway plus rebooting the dvr doesn't work then call tech support (800-288-2020).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Its really very simple.   If u lose elec or anything like that your main DVR that holds and records your shows has been shutdown so u will get the message they are unavailable.   Go to your tv that has the DVR.   Press in the power button on the front and hold for 10 seconds.  Turn on tv and it will reboot the sytem and ur recordings will appear.   

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I suppose this answer helped in some way, as in, it helps to know I'm not the only one swearing at the cable company and threatening to switch! I've shut down the receiver and called tech support AND waited for 1/2 hour on hold to not talk to somebody who could help.... I'm getting pretty tired of this stuff, too...it's been a week and like some of the other commenters here, it happens so often I just figured I'd wait it out for a couple of days....but even that hasn't worked.  Had a tech out three weeks ago as one of the tv's just stopped working altogether--that tv works now, as they all do, but none of them has access to the recording list.  Now what? Anybody got an idea?

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

6 years ago

@Jewelies42

There really isn't the idea of "wait it out" for recording list with this IPTV service.  Assuming your RG is connected to the Internet, once the DVR unit is finished booting up, the DVR should be completely functional and available to all settop boxes.  You can use the remote menu button to inspect the system to see if anything in there is reporting a problem and there is also a controlled restart function within.  Before doing anything too drastic to the DVR unit, a factory reset of the RG (residential gateway) could be tried.  If taking this route, I'd make sure all your connected devices are powered off including wireless.  After the RG comes up, power on the DVR unit.  It should receive a 192.168.1.64 IP address.  If after all this you still can't get at the recordings list, a higher authority is needed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.