• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, November 6th, 2013 5:30 AM

Recordings list is unavailable - wireless receiver only

I have had the following setup for awhile now:

• DVR
  • 1 Wired STB
  • 1 Wireless STB

We have had relatively little issues (wireless receiver could view recordings, etc.) with anything until after a power outage the other night.  When we went to turn on the wireless STB, it indicated a connection issue with the WAP.  After recycling the WAP and the wireless STB, we did get the wireless STB to sync back up.

The problem is that ever since the STB has been sync'd back up, we have been unable to view our recordings from the wireless receiver or pause/rewind live tv.  However, we can still watch tv from this receiver, view scheduled recordings, and even click on account management in the menu and it recognizes our account, etc.

I have tried resetting the WAP (reset button on back) without any change. 

Since then, I have done the following, waiting for each device to fully power up before continuing:

• Unplugged all devices (RG, DVR, WAP, and both STB's)
  • Turned on RG until device fully functional
  • Turned on DVR until device fully functional and DVR accessible
  • Turned on WAP until fully functional
  • Turned on Wireless STB until fully functional
  • Turned on Wired STB until fully functional

Same issue occurs even after power cycling all devices

Items of note:

• If I go to the menu on the DVR and view the THDVR info, system shows number of TV receivers as 3
  • If I go to the menu on the wired STB and view the THDVR info, system shows number of TV receivers as 3
  • If I go to the menu on the wireless STB and view the THDVR info, system shows number of TV receivers as 1

It seems like the wireless receiver has gotten out of sync with my system.

WAP is Cisco

Wireless STB is Cisco ISB7005

Any thoughts on how to get the wireless STB to properly access the DVR again?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

8 years ago

@Allyssaourada  Try this: 

Pull the power cords on the backs of the DVR and the STBs upstairs. Leave them unplugged and go downstairs to the RG (modem).  

Unplug the RG (the one that says 2WIRE and has the flashing lights).  Stay downstairs with the spiders (sorry) for a minute.  Plug the RG back in.  Allow all lights to become functional.

Say goodbye to the spiders and return upstairs.

Plug in the DVR next.  Wait for it to start working.

Plug in STBs last.

Check your recordings on all your boxes.

You just did a Whole House Reboot and maybe made some new friends!

Accepted Solution

Former Employee

• 

549 Messages

10 years ago

Hello Thundermonkey,

I'm sorry to hear the wireless receiver isn't communicating with the DVR but, thank you for including great detail on your equipment and troubleshooting. I have one more recommendation that may help resolve this issue before considering any replacement options. Have you tried a master (factory) reset on the wireless receiver?

To quote the steps from 'My Thoughts' on an earlier post, depress the "Power", "OK", and "DOWN" buttons for 10 seconds, release "POWER" and then the middle lights will flash three times, release all buttons, you'll see a single gear appear on screen, then 2 gears, etc. give it about 15+ minutes to reset, then another five to load the guide and DVR functions.

If these steps are done on the DVR unit then it will reformat the hard drive and wipe out the recordings but, if these steps are done on the wireless receiver, no recordings will be affected. This reset is mainly used for the DVR unit but, I've seen this help with numerous issues with wireless boxes as well. If it still doesn't work then I believe replacing the box would be the best solution. I hope this helps! Feel free to post your results. Thank you Smiley Happy

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Anominous98  Try a Whole House Reboot:

Unplug the DVR and all boxes.

Unplug your modem (RG)

Wait 30 secs.

Plug in modem FIRST.  Wait for all lights to come on.  This can take a few minutes.

Plug in DVR next.  Allow it to become functional.

Plug in any other boxes, wired or wireless.

Check to see if you can pause or rewind live TV and access your recordings.

Let us know.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

My RG is the 3800

I was hoping not to factory reset the RG (mainly due to some firewall configs I didn't want to have to redo) but will do so and repeat the steps and report back.

Thanks!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

As requested, I did a factory reset on the 3800 and then repeated the steps in my original post.

The end result was exactly the same as my initial post, still unable to see recordings and unable to pause/rewind live tv on the wireless STB.  It also still only shows 1 receiver in the THDVR info settings while the other two receivers show 3 receivers in the THDVR info settings.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks Morgan!

Factory resetting the wireless receiver did the trick. 

Recordings and pause/rewind live tv is working again.  I was hopeful that a reset of the receiver would work, I just wasn't doing a good job with my searches  on how to actually reset it Smiley Sad

Thanks again for all your help in getting this resolved.Smiley Very Happy

Former Employee

• 

549 Messages

10 years ago

Awesome! I'm glad to hear that worked for you. Smiley Happy

If you encounter any issues with your equipment in the future, feel free to check out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions.

- MorganCS

- ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

The wireless receiver you are talking about is the tv box that you have in the room not the little black box that is connected to your router?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Sorry hit return before I was finished.  My son is having the same issue with his wireless box in his room.  It won't let him see the listings on the DVR so then I have to reboot the little wireless box.  Most the time that works.  But lately we have to do that a few times a week.  So thought maybe if I did that factory reset to his box in his room that might work but wanted to make sure that was the same thing you were talking about.

Sheila

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Wow, didn't expect to see this post show up again 🙂 Yes, the box I was having issues with was the standalone wireless box that we had in our bedroom. This was/is not the box with the hard drive that is directly attached to the router. Based on my results, as long as you are performing these steps on a non-DVR box (one without a hard drive), you will not do anything that will hurt recordings. Although the process does take some time while it goes through its reset, I would definitely recommend giving it a shot since it won't do any harm to your overall setup. It definitely shouldn't make the situation worse.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.