AtlBigDog's profile

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

Thursday, December 10th, 2015 1:50 PM

Recordings are showing No Info Available instead of a title

I have several recordings that show No Info Available instead of a title. I searched online and found many many people with the same issue. I tried all the usual resets. I did chat support and spent 90 minutes trying different things. Finally they tell me they have to dispatch a technician and now I'm going to lose my recordings. The reason I'm upset is...part of the reason I chose ATT is because they told me 2 things:

1) If a recording is going to start late becasue the previous show runs over, the DVR will automatically adjust the start and end time.

2) If I need to switch my equipment, I won't lose all my recordings.

Unfortunately I've found out both these things are lies. I've had the service just over a year and lost my recordings once already. I'm really tired of being lied to and losing my shows becasue of cheap equipment. I find it hard to believe that with so many people having this issue and some going back to 2011, there's no fix for this yet.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @AtlBigDog,

We have seen issues like this in the past. It is either related to a bad DVR or power strips. If the DVR is plugged into a power strip, we highly recommend you plug it into a wall outlet. In the past, they have caused the issues you are experiencing. 

In regards to your questions. If a show runs over, you can add time when setting up the recording. This link will explain how. 

If equipment is switched, there is not currently a way to transfer those recordings. 

If you need further assistance after the dispatch, please let us know. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

8 years ago

I'll see what the tech says when he comes tonight. I know how to add time to a recording, I can't monitor every channel to know when I'll need to add time. That's why I was excited when the salesperson told me the DVR would do it automatically.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

8 years ago

How can you mark this as solved if you don't know if it solved my issue?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

This is not really a solution if you do not have your DVR hooked up to a surge protector.  My box was just replaced the end of May and now (first of September) I may already need a new one.  This is after having gone through 2 in 2 years. What is the probem with the DVRs?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

And if I continue to have to buy programs on a website, why do I need ATT?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.