Girevik's profile

Scholar

• 

82 Messages

Friday, July 22nd, 2011 5:57 PM

Closed

Recording Space

We had a DVR go bad on us and got a new one today.  I went to look at "Recording Space" on it (I never did this on my old box), and it said it had 16 hours of HD and like 44 hours of SD left.  That can't possibly be right, can it?  U-verse advertises they have like 2 or 4 times the space as DirectTV, and my DirectTV DVR got like 50 hours of HD.  Is this number just wildly off because it's empty, is there something wrong with this box, or is that REALLY all the recording time we get?

Scholar

• 

82 Messages

13 years ago

Ok, I finally got it.  That seemed to do it.  Up to 80 hours of HD time.  Not twice what I had on DirectTv, but more anyway.  Thanks for the help!

Scholar

• 

82 Messages

13 years ago

BTW - I spoke to a support guy who said he was in Texas last night.  Any chance it's the same one?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

Good deal!  

How much recording space did you have with DirecTV?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

13 years ago

I believe the OK and down arrow buttons are the ones on the DVR - not the ones on the remote. Or, do those work, too?

I wonder how one person can do all this at once.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

@aviewer wrote:
I believe the OK and down arrow buttons are the ones on the DVR - not the ones on the remote. Or, do those work, too?

I wonder how one person can do all this at once.

The buttons are on the DVR not the remote.  

It can be done!  I have done it a few times myselft.  It works!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Thanks!  Stumbled across this with over "90%" of recording space used, and family getting irritated with each other.  After this, only have 10% actually used.   Saved some headaches.

• 

4.4K Messages

11 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.