rdljr's profile

Guru

• 

921 Messages

Sunday, February 14th, 2016 4:02 AM

Receiver has jumped to live viewing

Why do my Wireless STBs say, "This Receiver has jumped to live TV to allow viewing on the DVR" after I rewind and then fast forward and catch up. The DVR isn't doing anything - starting recordings or starting viewing.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

8 years ago

Basically you get this message when the TV Receiver and the DVR get out of sync in their communication to record and play your "live TV" program and have to give up OR when the DVR has to use all its output channels for something else.  Since the UI is designed around a perfect world where communication is never interupted, the message describes the expected issue not the actual one.

The way around this is to shore up the reliability of the communication between the Wireless STB and the DVR: Move the WAP away from and out of line with other RF sources, try to get the WAP closer to, or a better line of sight to, the Wireless TV Receivers, etc.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have this exact problem and I am not viewing TV on a wireless reciever, though there are 2 on our network in our house.

Are you telling me that randomly disconnecting wireless recievers elsewhere in my house are the cause for this issue on the non-wireless reciever I am viewing TV on?

Everytime I turn on and then off one of those wireless receievers, this same message happens...

Feels like some update to the system has a bug or something - this just started happening 3 days ago... anyone know why possible? It is frustrating and I am about to call support and ask them to come out and fix it...

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@pleasekillmenow   Then try this to put things back in sync:

I'd do a whole house reboot.

Unplug the RG and DVR and STB(s)and any WAP for wireless receiver(s), wait 30 seconds and plug the RG back in.

When that turns all green, then plug the DVR back in and wait until it reboots.

Then if there is a WAP, plug it in and let it turn green. Make sure it is 5-6' from the RG.

Then plug in the STB(s), wait til it reboots and see if everything is working OK.

Acronym Guide so you understand all terms: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/17724

Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

8 years ago

This is something I have experienced in the last week. Have there been software upgrades because NONE of the three times were all streams tied up?

Scholar

• 

93 Messages

8 years ago

Same issue here. Wireless tv is on. Wired is off. Nothing is being recorded or immediately scheduled. And there it is... out of nowhere.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

6 years ago

Bumping this because it just happened to me again.  Was watching a show in my home office and had to go out to the car and get something so I paused it.  Came back a few minutes later and unpaused as started watching again.  Then about 15 minutes later the screen paused then restarted.  Then about a minute later this message popped up and it jumped me into the live stream.  This box is a wireless box. Another box was on in another room on the same channel and it was live.  That box is coax connected.  The DVD box was not on.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This has started happening to me right after having a service call to go to fiber. I called and they sent me a new DVR which the techs say is amazing since they are out of stock on DVRs. Well it is still happening. There was no change in the location of the equipment so I too am wondering if it is a software problem. I  did do the unplugging of both boxes and then restarted the wireless first then the DVR. Odd now, it doesn't give me the error message but still will not hold the pause more than 10 minutes. It used to go about an hour which I used all the time.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

The same thing has been happening to me ever since I had this U-verse service installed a few months ago! It is very annoying and when I call tech support and also when I have a tech come out to the house, they say they never heard of this happening before, which obviously is a lie, as I am seeing numerous posts about it on-line from the past 3 years! They installed all new boxes last week and it's still happening! I'm about to switch back to DirecTV. Although scammers have hacked their phone numbers and are constantly calling about promotions if you pay them with gift cards. I have a tech coming today again. We will see what happens...

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

6 years ago

"numerous posts on the forum" could be 50.  50 over 25 states, more than 100 technician dispatch centers.  Employee turnover, etc., makes it very, very plausible that any given employee that you talk to has never heard of it.

Do you have wired or wireless receivers?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Got UVerse service about two weeks ago and this issue plagues us too! Makes TV almost unwatchable when accustomed to Tivo/ DVR!!! I'm about to cancel service if they can't get this resolved ASAP!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.