For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
TWM1942's profile

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

Monday, June 5th, 2017 8:57 PM

Program information missing on one TV

I have three TV sets.  One is attached to the master DVR, and the other two are on slave DVR's.  One of the TV sets on a slave DVR is not displaying program information in the guide.  The channels and the programs are there, but no information about the programs.  The other two TV sets have all of the information in the guides.  I have tried rebooting the gateway and the slave DVR with the problem and neither one fixes the problem.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

Have you rebooted the DVR?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

7 years ago

How is the TV Receiver that is not properly displaying the guide information connected to the U-verse Gateway?  Coax, Ethernet or Wireless?

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

7 years ago

Both of the slave DVR's are on wireless.  One is working and one is not.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

There's some terminology problems here that may be adding to the confusion (at least to me).   There is only one dvr wired to the gateway.  The wireless boxes are just wireless receivers.  So @skeeterintexas question remains; have you rebooted the dvr, (pulled plug for 15 secs.) not the wireless receivers?  From your original post you appear to be referring to the wireless receivers as "slave dvrs" (no such thing but that's your terminology) which you said you rebooted.  You have said nothing about rebooting the actual dvr.  Usually rebooting the dvr fixes these kind of grid display problems which is why it was initially suggested.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

7 years ago

Yes I have rebooted the DVR for the TV that is not showing the information, and nothing changed.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks, that did the trick.  I have been rebooting the DVR that is attached to the TV that did not have the program information, and nothing changed, but I followed your suggestion and rebooted the DVR attached to the gateway with Ethernet, and that fixed the problem. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

You have one DVR.  The other 'boxes' are called Set Top Boxes (STBs).  Those can be wireless.  The DVR is wired directly to the modem or Residential Gateway (RG).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.