docbombay's profile

Guru

• 

1K Messages

Sunday, April 7th, 2013 2:53 PM

Positive Customer Service Experience

With all the negative posts that occur here, I am happy to be able to report another good experience.  My DVR would not play recorded shows 2 nights ago, and I tried rebooting twice, with the result of a page load failure.  I called TS and the rep was very thorough and helpful.  His line tests indicated that my DVR was failing and he arranged a service call the next day to replace it at no charge.  He also gave me (without being asked) a 1 year long monthly account credit for any inconvenience.  The only glitch was that the appointment was scheduled for 4-8pm (I would normally ask for an 8am slot but I had to work) and the tech was delayed, so it had to be rescheduled for this morning 8-12.  The tech called before arriving, came by 9 am and upgraded me to a VIP2250 from my old VIP1225 with no questions asked.  He tested all the functions before he left, and I am up and running again.  So for whatever it's worth, the service is typically good, and the problems reported are the exception rather than ther rule.

docbombay

Guru

• 

1K Messages

11 years ago

1.  Yes, the component connections are correct.

2.  Already tried rebooting twice.

docbombay

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

doc - Do you have another STB to try with the Sony to see if it is the TV or the DVR? If the other STB works correctly you may want to ask for a replacement DVR before you rack up too many recordings.

Or, if the other TV is not widescreen move the DVR to that TV

Guru

• 

1K Messages

11 years ago

Update--Although I was too lazy to move the entertainment center and switch boxes, I did try a TV reboot as another poster suggested--it was easier to do than I imagined, but was also unsuccessful.  So, I called TS today and the rep (again, very thorough) tried to reset the box remotely but could not--so I have another tech visit for tomorrow morning to get yet another new DVR.  Although aviewer's experiment would have been good, I am fairly convinced that the problem lies in the new DVR since the STB TVs display the correct aspect ratio, and the problem began only after the new box was installed.  I still consider the customer service experience good in that AT&T is doing everything within reason to rectify the issue.  

docbombay

Guru

• 

1K Messages

11 years ago

Just thought I'd add a P.S. to my positive experience.  When I got my most recent bill, AT&T had added two $99 charges for the tech visit.  I called billing and the charges were removed with no argument whatsoever, since the connection needed to be changed for the equipment to work properly.  The credit was reflected within 24 hours in my online account.  I realize there are many who have had problems with billing errors and in their correction, but I like to report the positive when possible just to show that customer service is not always bad--in fact, it's usually very good in my experience.

docbombaySmiley Happy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I must say that I have had exceptional customer service as well every time I've called

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Glad to hear some people are have positive results with customer service ....i feel I am a positive person ..but every n month always something to many time on hold for hours to then have same issues come up again....i do customer service so I do try to understand but I have no understanding at all the poor service I have received

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.