For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
tinman16us's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, May 30th, 2014 4:47 AM

Pixelation on recordings while Live TV is okay.

Live TV on U-verse is working fine.  Getting a lot of pixelation during playback of recordings.  I have rebooted the DVR but the problem persists.  Suggestions?  I am on a CAT6 network, so COAX is not a variable.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@tinman16us wrote:

Live TV on U-verse is working fine.  Getting a lot of pixelation during playback of recordings.  I have rebooted the DVR but the problem persists.  Suggestions?  I am on a CAT6 network, so COAX is not a variable.

Have you tried to unplug the Gateway for 30 seconds and plug it back in to see if that might help? 

Then might also unplug the DVR, before rebooting the Gateway, then plug it back in when the Gateway is back up, to get a fresh connection to the Gateway.  Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

I had this problem. The technician swapped locations with a wireless receiver and a wired receiver. Works fine. He said there was a problem in the inside wiring for the coax system. It was easier to swap the receivers than to trace down the wiring problem. Hope that helps (if you have a wireless receiver to swap with).

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

It finally irritated me enough to try the gateway power cycle.  Since I have done this, thing have been much better.  Thanks for the advice!

Time will tell as a few more recordings are sampled.

Thanks again.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.