Danjackson2015's profile

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

Monday, May 25th, 2015 2:49 AM

Picture size all messed up since last update.

Every since our last U-Verse update about a week ago our picture on all our flatscrens is cropped on the sides on all the regular channels and alot of times there are big thick black bars on top and bottom as well as the sides. Also the HD channels while the picture is normal full screen on them the volume is about 4x higher on all the HD channels. Our system was fine and picture sizing was fine before this update. As a side note I can get it to almost full screen but the picture quality suffers when I dfo as everything is streched and you can tell that nothing is right. I have a OTA antenna also hooked up and when I select that input or PS4 input or DVD input the picture is fine so I know it is some sort of update screwup that has caused the issue I just don't know how to get it corrected. all the inputs on both tvs are via hdmi. I tryed the composite hookups on our front room tv to see if that made a differance but it dfid not.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

9 years ago

Actually I DID NOT have to zoom or change my t.v.aspect ratio for any of my channels under 1000, I simply set my STBs to 1080i and both the standard channels and HD channels showed just fine until this last update, So yes there is definatly a firmware flaw in the new update somewhere.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@Danjackson2015 wrote:

Actually I DID NOT have to zoom or change my t.v.aspect ratio for any of my channels under 1000, I simply set my STBs to 1080i and both the standard channels and HD channels showed just fine until this last update, So yes there is definatly a firmware flaw in the new update somewhere.

They do not show up like that anywhere else before or after the update for any of us.  You must have had a TV that can do un unusual things like your's did.  None of us can do what your TV could w/out using the Zoom feature or change the aspect ratio in the TV. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

9 years ago

@Danjackson2015 wrote:

I had no change in picture size on any of my 3 HD TVs (3 different brands, 3 different sizes) since the I got the firmware update. 

It's got to be something with YOUR TV.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

9 years ago

Could you humor me and check what your zoom settings on your STB are? Press the Enter key (below 9 and next to 0) and select zoom.  You probably want it set to strech or normal, not one of the zooms.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

9 years ago

If you go back and read my first post, I have already used the zoom and your right that is not correcting the issue, on my front room 55 inch toshiba when the STB is on normal and I am on anything below 1000 My picture is shrunk down to right at 32inches with thick black bars on top and bottom and sides, I can select stretch and it will streych out the side bars but it makes people look short and fat. the 42 inch panasonic plasma in our family room is exibiting this same behavior since the last update pic looks to be about only 32 inches on it as well. I forgot hat our son has his 32 inch flatscreen upstairs on the wireless STB and he has full screen on the regular channels, we moved that box down to our 66 inch toshiba and it now has a full pic on the channels below 1000. can't move the STB from the front room to his room because it isn't wireless. so he brought his 32 inch t.v. down and we connected it up and to the STB in the front room and yep same thing picture is shrunk Not sure why the wireless STB works fine and pic is fine and the hardwired STBs are haveing this problem since this update.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

9 years ago

supposed to be 55 inch toshiba sorry for the poor spelling. I  talked to a frined of mine that works for att and he said that something may have gotten corrupted when the two hardwired boxes updated.

I do remember see some sort of error pop up but it was only there for a second then was gone. he told me to give it a few more days and see if it doesn't clear up.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

9 years ago

@Danjackson2015 wrote:

..., I can select stretch and it will streych out the side bars but it makes people look short and fat. 

If I recall correctly, there are 3 zoom settings on the AT&T boxes in addition to stretch (and, of course, no zoom).  We normally run "Zoom 2" for SD channels on HD TV's.  Keeps the proportions correct, but results in a little bit cut off the top and bottom and fairly small black bars on the side.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

9 years ago

@Danjackson2015 wrote:

Update,

both my STBs that were acting weird since the last firmware update broght up messages that they needed to restart to finish a network update, so I let them restart and all the aspect ratios issues I had been having are now gone. So I would assume I either got an incomplete update or it got corrupted somehow but all is fine now. Thanks for all the suggestions and replies.

When in doubt, reboot/restart/reset.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.