Danjackson2015's profile

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

Monday, May 25th, 2015 2:49 AM

Picture size all messed up since last update.

Every since our last U-Verse update about a week ago our picture on all our flatscrens is cropped on the sides on all the regular channels and alot of times there are big thick black bars on top and bottom as well as the sides. Also the HD channels while the picture is normal full screen on them the volume is about 4x higher on all the HD channels. Our system was fine and picture sizing was fine before this update. As a side note I can get it to almost full screen but the picture quality suffers when I dfo as everything is streched and you can tell that nothing is right. I have a OTA antenna also hooked up and when I select that input or PS4 input or DVD input the picture is fine so I know it is some sort of update screwup that has caused the issue I just don't know how to get it corrected. all the inputs on both tvs are via hdmi. I tryed the composite hookups on our front room tv to see if that made a differance but it dfid not.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

9 years ago

Update,

both my STBs that were acting weird since the last firmware update broght up messages that they needed to restart to finish a network update, so I let them restart and all the aspect ratios issues I had been having are now gone. So I would assume I either got an incomplete update or it got corrupted somehow but all is fine now. Thanks for all the suggestions and replies.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

The update must have messed up your aspect setting -

Menu- options- system options - TV screen res

Be sure to move the cursor to  accept the change before hitting OK.

THe sound has beedn posted by others & you will have to wait for a fix to be rolled out.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

9 years ago

I have already done the aspect ratio reset to both STBs did not make any difference, also have done a hard reset  of the U-verse modem and both STBs, as well as both t.v.s. The STBs were set to 720p living room before the upgrade and the Family room was set to 1080i, both sets were showing full screens before the update now both screens exhibit the same heavy black bar behavior after the update, Like i said I can use the zoom feature on the U-Verse remote to almost get rid of the bars but people become streched and fat looking and words run off the screens. Also if I switch to my OTA antenna and view the local HD channels they are fine. Our sons PS4 picture is fine as well, I tryed our Blue ray player and it is fine as well. The STBs aspect ratio adjustments have some affect but not what they should. By the way I should point out that my living room t.v. is a toshiba 55 inch LED, and our Family romm t.v. is a Panasonic 42 inch.Plasma. Right now both our STBs are set to 1080i and are connected via, Living room t.v. - HDMI, Family room t.v. Composite cables with same issue on both sets.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

Sounds like you need to call in for new STBs.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

9 years ago

That was the same thing that I am thinking as well, we have had the same STBs for 3 years now. I will be calling U-verse tomorrow and discussing it with them.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@Danjackson2015 wrote:

That was the same thing that I am thinking as well, we have had the same STBs for 3 years now. I will be calling U-verse tomorrow and discussing it with them.

TS is open 24/7/365, call them today.

Is the Guide showing properly on those STBs?  Generally on upgrade reboots, it reverts to the lowest channel in the Guide, SD channels, that might have barn doors. or other cropped views. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

9 years ago

Yep guide is fine I even like the new background, Just the regular channels under 1000 are all messed up. since the last update.

Teacher

• 

34 Messages

9 years ago

I agree that the last update screwed up aspect ratio. I can get it close for one type of TV at a time (I mean for SD or HD as set by the DVR) but not for more than one setting, and the trick doesn't work on more than one TV type. 

Before that update, everything filled the screen without a problem, without ruining the aspect ratio. It's definitely firmware. Also: Yes: the first thing I did was reset to 1080 via the menu, which did work in some way (i.e. it did 'something') but did not solve any of the new aspect ratio problems. 

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

9 years ago

I just got to talk with my neighbor who is also on the U-verse and yep he has the exact same issue. Hopefully the IT crew has become aware of it and will release a patch to correct it.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@Papolytic wrote:

I agree that the last update screwed up aspect ratio. I can get it close for one type of TV at a time (I mean for SD or HD as set by the DVR) but not for more than one setting, and the trick doesn't work on more than one TV type. 

Before that update, everything filled the screen without a problem, without ruining the aspect ratio. It's definitely firmware. Also: Yes: the first thing I did was reset to 1080 via the menu, which did work in some way (i.e. it did 'something') but did not solve any of the new aspect ratio problems. 

No, the SD channels below 1000 did not fill the whole screeen w/o you changing aspect ratio in the TV or Using Uverse Zoom feature.  They were all barn doored or the small 16x9 w/black all around them (current way to provide SD). Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.