dewatson411's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, July 4th, 2012 3:15 AM

PSU beeping ad infinitum

I recently activated Uverse service. For the first month or so, everything was peechy keen.

Now the power supply unit (iPSU2) beeps relentlessly at all hours of the day.

The logs show the following whenever this happens:

lmd: psu0: AC change event, Maintenace timer reset

This is maddening, as there is no apparent power outage anywhere in the house, and I have attempted to move the iPSU2 to another power outlet, with no success.

To make things worse, the administrative option to "Disable Alert for 12 hours" DOES NOT WORK.

Any ideas what I can do besides pull the plug on the iPSU2 every night?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

136 Messages

12 years ago

The other thing to check for is on the bottom of the unit there should be a green dot.  These have upgraded firmware that is supposed to fix several of these types of issues.  If it does not, you might need to have a tech come out and swap the iPSU.  If they do swap it, make sure to hold the red reset button in on the new power supply for about 15 - 20 seconds which will wipe the data from the iNID and allow the new password on the new PSU to work correctly.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

Apparently you're not the only one with this problem.  I'd call CS and have them send a tech it check it out.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/iNID-ipSU2-battery-backup-issue/td-p/3214719

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Well, my problem is not with the battery (the right-hand red light mentioned in that post).

In fact, the log files indicate that the battery is in good condition.

Only that there is some type of AC power status change, which I can see on the iPSU2 when my left-hand light starts blinking and the dratted thing starts beeping.

As far as I can see, I have no dropouts, and no way of turning this "feature" off.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for the information.

No green dot here.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I had this problem for weeks, when it began waking me up at night I decided, short of taking an axe to the box (no, dn't try that!), I had to do something about it.

On the box itself there is an IP address you can use to configure it, and other things related to your server.  The IP is 192.168.1.254  type that into your browser, and you shoudl get a "home page" of settings and tabs on top. near the top of the page is a link that says "battery Info".  If you click on that, you'll get a page that has this on it:

Battery Audible Alert Enable

Of course the enable box will be checked.  Uncheck it, and then it will ask you for your password.  The password is a long number that is also (should be) printed on the front or side of that incessently beeping box of horrors.  Once you uncheck it and enter the correct password (it asks you if you're sure.... yup I'm sure), you should be all set!

Matt

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

Followed your instructions and was able to stop the beeping last night.  However it started up again today.  Does that mean we have to go through that whole procedure every night??

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

@momotwins wrote:

Followed your instructions and was able to stop the beeping last night.  However it started up again today.  Does that mean we have to go through that whole procedure every night??

It indicates an issue with the box and / or battery. t should be replaced.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

11 years ago

I have this problem now-for the SECOND time in @ a year.

Not looking forward to the run around of support searching for any straw to grasp that would put blame elsewhere.

Last time I was told that there were probably power fluxes in my area causing my PSU to alarm and I should contact my power company. Good one!

The other fix involves a tech coming out and declaring my installation was wired wrong. Have heard that one 3 times now. Apparently the last rewire fixed the internet outage but started the PSU alarm issue.

I won't go into the internet outage problems we have had less than 30 days ago.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

I have a Belkin Battery backup that is giving me fits.  The bad thing is that I do not even have U-Voice!  At any rate, the Belkin's squealing alert has gone off 4 times in the past few months and of course it cuts off juice toi the RG.  Simply flipping the Belkin power switch from on to off and back, fixes it.

There are no known power interruptions in the house but one possible coincidence - it has been very windy outside when the alert procedure happens.

1. Is this the same issue as listed above

and

2. How do I fix it.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

11 years ago

Had an excellent tech.

I discussed all my discrepancies and my expectations before we started.

Tech was great. He listened and made me aware that he would not be finished until I was satisfied.

And to date I am satisfied.

I know, I know, I sound  "kum-ba-ya-ish" in light of other's difficult issues but:

I have learned in order to remedy a problem and get what I pay for in any arena including Uverse:

Do a little research ie. use this forum, search engine, neighbors- you get the idea, so I can grasp what I can expect and ask reasonable questions;

Work with your tech, be respectful of their training and expertise, and do not alienate them with the weight of issues they can't solve.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.