JNewhall's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, May 1st, 2017 7:54 PM

Our U-verse DVR is failing

We pay nearly $300 a month for our U-verse system.  We have three TV sets in our house, each one with a Motorola VIP1225 DVR.  The DVR in our main viewing room is failing.  I have rebooted it several times after it failed to display any TV programs on the large TV monitor.  The other two TV sets on our system i n other rooms will display normal TV, but both are unable to find or display any of our previously recorded shows (with a message stating that previously recorded shows are "unavailable.")

When the DVR in our main room failed, it displayed a large red "X" with the number "10" underneath.  I followed the directions I found online to reboot that DVR, but after it came up, it worked for a few minutes (i.e., it displayed our TV), but it immediately hung when I tried to record and replay a short TV show.

I suspect this is a hardware problem.  Please help!

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

DVRs die.  Call CS, 800-288-2020, and they will send you a new one for self-install (been there/done that). 

FYI:  All recordings will be lost as they go with the DVR.

You have 21 days to return the OLD DVR (via UPS).  You will be emailed detailed instructions.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I went to an ATT support website, https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/u-verse-tv/KM1009870, and found a technical support "chat" option.  I activated the chat, typed in a description of my problem, and started a two-way chat.  The techie on the other end asked for the last four digits of the GUID number on my DVD, and then download a software fix directly to my DVD.  Everything now works perfectly though, as you said, I think I lost all my previously recorded programs.  The techie I talked to said I'd find that those lost programs would be automatically restored within a few hours.  I'm not sure I completely believe that, but everything else went very smoothly.  Everything, but the lost recordings, is working again.

Thanks for your help.

Jon

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

Sounds like the online chat tech did a hard reboot of your DVR.  If that's the case, the recordings are gone.  I've never heard of recordings being restored and I've had UV for 10 years.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I agree with you.  I'll believe it when I see it.  Luckily nothing important was lost (just a bunch of my wife's shows Smiley Wink )

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.