For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
bigsteve_1's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, October 27th, 2011 6:37 PM

Optical Audio Issues...

I bought a new HTS last night a Panasonic SC-BTT270

I have also have the Uverse DVR VIP1225, and a Vizio VW37L

The HTS & DVR are connected to the TV by HDMI.

I have the Audio Optical from the DVR to the HTS, But there is no sound coming from the DVR to the HTS, Well apart from 2 HD programs I recorded last night, (Last Man Standing & Man Up), in which the HTS had sound coming through it..

I have tried all the comination of settings on the TV, DVR & HTS....

What could be the issue?Huh?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

13 years ago

OK, please download the manual for your Panasonic HTS here:

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/support/Audio/Home-Theater/Home-Theater-Systems/model.SC-BTT270

Follow the instructions on page 38 to turn the "PCM FIX" option "Off" for the "Digital In" input.  This should correct the issue.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

Check this out.....

I accidently turned over to a SD channel and the Audio through the HTS came through its speaks, (not sure if its Surround Sound or not).... Turn it back to a HD channel the HTS does not get audio....

Could it be that the DVR disables Optical Audio if a HD channel is viewed via the HDMI cable but is enabled while viewing a SD channel via HDMI?Huh?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

13 years ago

Try menu>options>audio/language options>digital audio output try surround sound and save. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

Done that..

has no effect on the HD channels

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

13 years ago

When the U-Verse STB's "Digital Audio Output" setting is set to Surround Sound, sound from the HD channels is sent over optical and HDMI as 5.1 Dolby Digital. When the setting is set to Stereo, the sound from HD channels is sent as 2.0 PCM. (Sound from SD channels is always sent as 2.0 PCM regardless of the setting).

The behavior you're describing indicates that your new HTS does not accept 5.1 Dolby Digital over the optical connection, but instead accepts only 2.0 PCM.

You can set the setting to "Stereo" to downconvert the audio to 2.0 channel, or you'll have to see if the HTS will accept multi-channel audio over HDMI.

What brand and model HTS is this?

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

13 years ago

@bigsteve_1 wrote:

I bought a new HTS last night a Panasonic SC-BTT270

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

That did the trick.....

Those options i did not know about.....

Kudos to you Somejoe.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.