For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
nrs111's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Thursday, June 5th, 2014 10:41 PM

Only 2 HD channel capability?

Just switched from DirecTV where I had 2 HDdvrs and as a result could record 4 shows at once. Thought I was getting something similar with the Uverse DVR advertised 4 recordings at a time. Should have looked further into this to see they were talking about SD. I did see in the forums that people seem to be able to record 3 HD channels however when I try I get the conflict message. I checked the "system resources" and under "Streams" it shows 2 SD/2HD (WAN). Can this be changed to 3 HD? Not interested in recording anything in SD.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

nrs111- It depends on the strength of the signal, Got to http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_1_0

Scroll down to DSL details User rate & max user rate What are the values under down column.

Mine are 32206 and 473286 & I have recording 4 HD. If your numbers are that high or higher, you should be able to add recording(s). If lower, then no.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks.

Mine are:

Downstream Sync Rate 19,266

Downstream Max Rate   24,820

A lot less than yours.

I was told I had a strong signal here by the tech., guess that's not the case.

Thanks again for the response.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you.

Wish the tech had given me this information during installation. I'd be happy with the second tier. Think I'll be looking to switch back to DirecTV soon.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

@nrs111- MT did say what I was hoping he would - depending on location and availability may request bonded 25M.

If you can get the no cost, second pair delivery of your signal to bump you to 3 HD and be ready(better positioned) for tech improvements to get more in the future.

Send a PM using this link with your account details to get help. AT&T Customer Care

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Wow, thanks again for your continued help. I fired off the email you suggested and see what they say.

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

10 years ago

This is interesting . . . should I be looking at the aggregated info or the individual DSL lines (it is showing 2 lines)? I'm suffering from 2 HD/2 SD, 12 Mbps and would love to increase both.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

jcaparula - If you have two lines, you have bonded pair because one is too long for service. It does cut off sooner on the capability chart. I believe the 25 profile is available, but not the 32. @mythoughts would have better info, if he sees your post.

It would be worth it for me to try for 3 HD. 18 mb is only when TV is not fully exercised. See this thread - http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Considering-U-verse-again/m-p/3994176#M111952

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

10 years ago

My aggregated User Rate is 19.2, with a Max User Rate of 44.4 kbps. What would I need to do to increase to a 3 HD/1 SD 25 M profile?  

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

jcaparula - The key number is max user rate. You would nee 32-33. You say you have 44.4. Not to say another parameter could get in the way. But, that requires on-hands work & could possibly be repaired if discovered.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

yes, you can have a 3HD/1SD system how ever you have to adjust your plan to reflect the new HD stream.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.