Explore & discover

Helpful Links

One TV says U-Verse not available

Contributor

One TV says U-Verse not available

After moving my DVR, same line, same connection, my bedroom TV won't reboot. It says Uverse is not available at this time. Please try again later.  I have rebooted everything, router and box, more than once, but still no picture. Any help would be appreciated. The tv not working was not moved or unplugged.

Message 1 of 13
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by djoldenkamp
‎06-03-2017 9:38 PM

Re: One TV says U-Verse not available

Verify the dvr's connection to the gateway.  Network port on dvr connected to one of the four yellow ports on the gateway.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (2)
Message 2 of 13
Contributor

Yes, when I moved everything I connected the co-ax to the dvr instead of the router. All good now. Thanks.
Message 3 of 13
Contributor

What is the Gateway?    How do I know if the network port on the DVR is connected to one of the 4 yellow ports on the Gateway?

Message 4 of 13
ACE - Expert

The gateway is the box (hopefully with green lights on the front) that is connected to a wall socket (which in turn will lead to the outside).  If you don't have a fiber the wall connection is plugged into the green broadband socket on the back of the gateway, or for fiber, the red ONT socket on the back of the gateway.

The back of the gateway also has 4 yellow ethernet ports.  One should be connected to your dvr with an ethernet cable to the dvr's network port.

At any rate if you follow the wire on the back of the dvr it will lead to your gateway (ignore the wire(s) connected to your tv).

That's about as simple as I can describe it.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 13
ACE - Professor

Gateway short for Residential Gateway or RG.  The terms modem or router are often used interchangeably.  

My Uverse installation has the DVR connected via coax.  Also known as HPNA.  Second settop box connected via ethernet to one of those yellow ports.  Some settop boxes can also be connected wirelessly using a dedicated WAP transmitter. 

Message 6 of 13
ACE - Expert

My Uverse installation has the DVR connected via coax.

...although I always recommend you use ethernet instead of the coax.

Second settop box connected via ethernet to one of those yellow ports. 

Only if you prefer to (or can) have wired receivers with cables running through your house - hopefully hidden in the walls.  And it could be more general to say all the free gateway ethernet ports could be used for wired receiver.  $10/receiver extra of course.

Some settop boxes can also be connected wirelessly using a dedicated WAP transmitter

WAP (wireless access point) that would be ethernet connected to one of the gateway ports.  Makes life a lot easier.  No cables to string to the receiver and could always be wired instead of using the WAP giving you that choice.  The only wild card for wireless is the signal strength is dependent on the distance from WAP to receiver and the materials the signal needs to pass through.  Usually cannot be predicted ahead of time until you actually do the setup.

Message 7 of 13
ACE - Professor

Eventually.  Running a Cat 5 wire to the dvr location is difficult, else it would have been done by now.  ☺

Message 8 of 13
ACE - Expert

Huh?  If that for you your personal situation (with logistics or whatever preventing using ethernet) I can understand.  But, not as a general statement.

Message 9 of 13
ACE - Professor

My specific instance, yes.  With CBS (concrete, block, stucco) construction, running a cat 5 line to the location on an exterior wall is impossible.  I have some alternatives to pursue during holiday.

Message 10 of 13
Contributor

Thank you. A technician just left and replaced DVR box and updated other equipment. Phone technician said my service was intermittent. I just learned a great deal from the technician ( from Milwaukee).
Message 11 of 13

This is bullcrap. This has happened to me two weekends in a row. Last Monday I was able to get the two downstairs tvs back on after a couple of hours online. The two upstairs TVs fina came back on their own sometime early Friday morning. Now here it is Monday night after being away all weekend and the two upstairs TVs are out AGAIN! For what I'm paying for AT&T, I'm not very happy and thinking about switching to another provider!

Message 12 of 13
Tutor

I don't care what others are saying, just reboot my TV to gateway!

Message 13 of 13
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support