For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Cmaciel's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, October 5th, 2016 3:04 PM

Old equipment return

I just switched out to DirecTV and I have my old receivers and remote and charge cords. am I going to get an email on how to return these?I have had these now for 2 weeks. I was told to just go to any local UPS station and they will know what to do. Is that true?other customers I know I received an email with instructions. I did not get an email. Please advise thank you

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

8 years ago

You can go to any The UPS Store location to return U-verse equipment.  You'll need to take your U-verse account number.  Please get the receipt from the UPS Store and keep it for 4-6 months, or until you are sure that AT&T has properly received and updated your account to reflect the return of the equipment.

See also https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Equipment/How-to-Return-U-verse-Equipment/m-p/4287959#M11497 for more information.

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

8 years ago

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you !

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

We still have old equipment that was supposed to be taken by the installation man but it was left. It has been on our bill (and now turned into a credit reporting company). If we send back the equipment can this be removed from our charges?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I was also told to go to my local UPS store and that they would know what to do.  In fact though, they DID NOT know what to do at my UPS store.  They could not find my old account number in their system, and could not explain why.  When I called AT&T back and told them this, while sitting in my car at the UPS store, they said they would have to email me a return shipping label.  I then had to drive back across town to print out the label and take everything back to UPS.  They affixed the label and returned the equipment, and charged me a few dollars to send it all back.  So, it took me two calls to AT&T, plus two drives across town before I was able to successfully return my U-verse equipment.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

I received the email but was told in this email to return the Wireless modem with the boxes. If I do that I will lose my phone and internet. I can't believe that these companyies have full control over your TV, internet and phone. The incompetence is unbelievable. I pride myself in honesty and I could never work for a company that has their workers LIE for them. I recently went to the AT&T to get a new cell phone and got talked into signing up for Direct TV for a cheaper bill. Well the bill came today in the email and it was higher. What a mistake! Half the channels are very blurry and I never had this on the AT&T plan. When I called to switch back I was told it would cost me $460.00 to get out of it. And I had only 24 hours to make that change back. I was so disappointed in this company and the lies. I have a call into the girl I done business with and she isn't calling me back. I will be so glad to get out of this so called Contract. Please do your homework on this company and don't believe a word they say without getting it in writing!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.