Actualsize's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, July 6th, 2013 7:40 AM

Odd time mismatch when initiating recordings

A 2-hour offset has cropped up in my DVR. The guide lists program times correctly, and the clock is correct.

But in the last few weeks the program times listed in the recording search results are all off my 2 hours.

example: Formula One Qualifying is supposed to start at 5:00 am on NBCSHD Saturday morning. I have my series recording set up to catch the first run, which is supposed to be at 5:00am. 

but of late the DVR has been missing it and recording the rebroadcast instead. Today the scheduled recording list does not show the 5:00 am show in the queue. It's recording the 10:00 pm rebroadcast. 

This is where the 2-hr offset may come in. If I search for the program directly, by title, the times show up as 7:00 am and 12:00 am, 2 hours later than they really are. The descriptions that come up when I explore the possible showtimes have the wrong time, too. Strangely, the 7:00 am showtime has the has the triple red circle of a scheduled recording, but the program does not show up in the scheduled recording queue until 10:00 pm, the rebroadcast.  Possibly because the program first run really really airs at 5:00 am, not 7:00 am

This is the case with every show I search for, not just my example. I'm missing a lot of scheduled first-run recordings and live events as a result. It's difficult to manage or create new recordings on my DVR because of this problem. I've taken to using the iPad app instead because its search results list the correct times over there. 

The Uverse tech was out for a different reasohe a couple of weeks ago, and the DVR firmware was updated then, I think. I'm not sure where to start. 

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

Where do you live and what time zone are you looking for?  You should use your guide to set recordings. It will record on the time it is supposed to.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

Guru

• 

417 Messages

11 years ago

Yes, ever since the search "upgrade", shows that are selected to record from the search result list are one hour offset. Use the guide until they fix the problem.

Mentor

• 

86 Messages

11 years ago

Whenever I use the search to find a show, or do a "more showtimes" to find other hours the show will be available for recording, it will give certain hours.  When I record the show at the hour I desire, I discover the show is one hour later; i.e., it shows 1 pm but it's not available at 1 pm; it will record at 2 pm.  It's as though it is using Central time when I'm in Easter time.  Problem is you go by the info and then have a problem because it might conflict with other previous recordings.  Are you saying we just have to sit and wait until Uverse decides to correct this?

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

I thought I was going crazy when I saw this on my dvr. Has any solution been found?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

If you ever look at the info for any of these mistimed programs, it lists the correct time and will show up in Scheduled Recordings correctly.  That's why I always looked at the Guide, times there were always correct. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

same problem for me of search showing times 2 hours later, though all other info is correct and my recordings are fine.  my immediate  difficulty is if i'm looking to watch something soon, i have to remember to subtract 2 hours to plan what i'm going to watch.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@guadalupitia wrote:

same problem for me of search showing times 2 hours later, though all other info is correct and my recordings are fine.  my immediate  difficulty is if i'm looking to watch something soon, i have to remember to subtract 2 hours to plan what i'm going to watch.

If you want to see the actual time of the recording before you schedule it, don't set the recording using Search or More Showtimes.  Go directly to the Guide to set the recording.  See the thread below:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Info-button-giving-me-incorrect-more-showtimes/m-p/3534391#M105258

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I can't believe it's been so long and there has been no change.  If an ATT rep is reading this thread I would like to hear when this will be fixed.  If not, I'm going to go through the (extra hassle) of calling ATT during my Christmas vacation to protest this inadequacy and insist on this being fixed.

Scholar

• 

189 Messages

10 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

@guadalupitia wrote:

If you want to see the actual time of the recording before you schedule it, don't set the recording using Search or More Showtimes.  Go directly to the Guide to set the recording.  See the thread below:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Info-button-giving-me-incorrect-more-showtimes/m-p/3534391#M105258

For me I may see a movie that I would like to record so I start with more showtimes, it would be nice if the could fix search to show the local timezone times, I am in GMT-8 yet get GMT-6 times

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.