No recordings on DVR but showing 90% free

Highlighted
Contributor

No recordings on DVR but showing 90% free

[ Edited ]

I have no recordings on my DVR but it's still showing that only 90% of my DVR is free. I tried to try and google a way to fix it but I haven't been able to find anything.

Is there an easy way to fix this without having to call customer service?

Message 1 of 3 (503 Views)
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM (Community Manager)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: No recordings on DVR but showing 90% free

kmshrmn - I believe the accepted explanation is that the 10% is reserved for allowing trick play on live TV. You would think they could do the calculation & tell you what is available to you. That is the kind of thing a usability group ferrets out. Many have had the same conundrum.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (491 Views)
Employee
Solution
Accepted by skeeterintexas (ACE - Master)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: No recordings on DVR but showing 90% free

The 10% is reserved, with no recordings 90% usage is correct regardless of size of hard drive.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (469 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.