dodgers1's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, February 24th, 2016 1:56 AM

No more than 4 shows( recording or live) watched at a time????

We are new to U-Verse from Direct T.V and so far not very impressed by anything other than the price. Internet connection is not stable at all. Another issue is, we were not told until after installation by the installer that we would not be able to run more than 4 T.V's in our six television home at a time. Not only that, but we could not have a more than a total of 4 T.V's or recordings going on at one time. Meaning that if we had 3 shows recording at once and someone was watching live t.v, no one else would be able to watch a spererate show. We've been with Direct T.V so long that it never crossed our mind to ask if there were limitations to viewing...however, no one offereed that info on the other end of the phone either. Is this a U-Verse only thing? Or could we get receivers capable of more? We have only been customers for a little over a week so I really can't imagine more advanced receivers than what we have now.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

Uverse has a limit of 4 LIVE streams.

Former Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

8 years ago

DTV is only limited to 5 recordings being set to run at one time with the Genie system, the amount of recordings you are able to have does decrease if a Genie mini is using up a tuner. However, you can replace one of the Genie clients with a regular HD DVR (non-Genie) and that gives you 2 additional tuners. Or you could just have regular HD receivers running and that doesn't take a tuner away from the main Genie receiver.

For live TV streaming the main Genie receiver and up to 3 Genie minis can run at one time. But again, replacing a Genie mini with an HD or HD DVR receiver gives more live streaming options. If you have a regular HD DVR, you can have as many HD receiver or HD DVR receivers that the multi-switch can support and all can live stream.

So it really just depends on what setup the OP had at DTV.

A regular HD DVR can record 2 shows at once (if you are watching a stored recording or the channel that is being recorded). Having an additional DVR on the account is not an additional $15 at all. There is a charge for HD & DVR services on the account as whole, not per receiver.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

8 years ago

@my thoughts wrote:

As stated (4) live inputs to watch and/or record at once.... Additionally (3) recordings can be watched at the same time for a total of (7) unique things at once.

Actually, the number of possible unique streams is 8.  The DVR can only transmit 3 streams to other STBs, but you could view a fourth recorded stream on the DVR itself.  So, 4 live, 3 recorded to other STBs, 1 recorded on the DVR: 8.  Is this a bit contrived, yep; but you can easily use more than 5 TVs on U-verse at the same time.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Hey guys, my system went offline yesterday (ironically, while I was on chat with AT&T to delete one DVR from my account) so I rebooted all AT&T devices and now I can record 4 HD shows at once!  Previously I could only record 3 HD shows (plus one SD show).  This is huge and long overdue.  I haven't seen any announcement from AT&T on this.  Just wondering if anyone else knows anything about it, and if it was actually just rolled out yesterday.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.