kendmin's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, October 17th, 2014 4:42 PM

No Picture on TV screen

my motorola silver box does not have a solid green power button, but is plugged in. My TV screen is blank with a settings gear-like image in the center of the screen. If I reboot I get a blinking green light but no picture on the screen. Help!

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@kendmin wrote:

my motorola silver box does not have a solid green power button, but is plugged in. My TV screen is blank with a settings gear-like image in the center of the screen. If I reboot I get a blinking green light but no picture on the screen. Help!

First try this:   http://ufix.att.com/  Troubleshoot & Resolve then if it doesn't help, try this

• to perform Disaster Recovery:
  • Hold down the Down arrow key + OK key + Power key outlined in red at the same time to power down the DVR.
  • Continue pressing these keys until a gear appears on the screen and release the Down + OK keys.
  • If the gear on the TV screen appears, wait until completion.
  • If the gear on the TV screen does not appear, repeat the disaster recovery process.
  • If the previous steps have been exhausted and the TV receiver continues to malfunction please send a private message with your account number and contact details to ATTU-verseCare for further assistance. If you are not a member of the U-verse community forums, we welcome you to register and reach out to us.

Good Luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @kendmin 

Just checking up on your post. Sorry to hear that your TV receiver isn't working properly but, did the advice that mibrnsurg shared help you with this? Here's a quick article that explains possible causes for hardware failure that may help with this. Also, check for any loose connections behind the box and if the Link light still doesn't come on then I would suggest performing a Whole-home Power cycle reboot to your U-verse equipment.

To perform this, unplug the power for the Gateway device (Black modem standing vertically with green blinking lights) and leave unplugged. Then unplug your TV receivers. After the last one is unplugged for about 15 seconds, go ahead and replug your device starting with the U-verse Gateway device. If done correctly, this will refresh your network and most likely get rid of the error messages but, let me know if they still come up and we'll try another solution. Thank you! 🙂

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

Please note that the Disaster Recovery process described above, when performed on your DVR, unit will erase any programs you have on it.

(IMHO, every single time someone mentions this DR process, they should always note that it erases all the programs when done on the DVR).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.