Rob71477's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, July 30th, 2017 2:29 PM

Newest Uverse Tv Boxes

AT&T U-Verse and Fiber were just installed at my house. I am wondering if the newest equipment was installed or older-refurbished equipment was installed. The boxes (Motorola VIP1200) seem to be bulky and outdated, compared to the previous AT&T U-Verse boxes I had, 4 years ago. Are these the most recent? Are there newer boxes, and/or boxes that support RF remotes, so my cable boxes can be in a central closet like my previous provider? If so, how do I get the newest equipment? Please advise, thank you!

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

They left a VIP1200 for a fiber install?  Strange.  I would think for fiber you should have been given at least a NVG599 or a 5268ac. 

Were you using the 1200 with a coax connection to the outside?  I didn't even know they could convert the fiber to a coax since the newer boxes all require a cat5 (actually twisted pair) connection to the outside.

At any rate I would call tech support and ask for a newer dvr.  While you don't really get a specific choice it almost certainly won't be a 1200.

As for the RF connection.  Any of these boxes will work for that since the RF receiver plugs into the usb port on the front of the receivers.  But not ATT no longer sells there but it can still be found elsewhere like Amazon.  Or find a ATT receiver compatible universal remote.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.