For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
jenn7695's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 6:11 PM

New wireless receiver not working w/DVR

I just received 2 new wireless receivers and they both keep telling me I don't have DVR capabilities or its not plugged in. I called last night to Tech support and the man had me on the phone for an hour running around the house to different TV's/ receivers trying the same thing over and over again.  He had no clue how to help me. I am so frustrated now and still have no answers.

All my shows I have set show recording but nothing is supported to watch them and I can not pause live TV or anything.

I still have my 2 receivers I am suppose to send back but Im scared to now. Which by the way they are charging my $14.89 a day till they receive them.

Has anyone else had the DVR issue and is there a fix with out me being on the phone with another tech for an HOUR?

Thanks

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

12 years ago

Yep. It's a linksys wireless n router. I use that instead of the RG because of past issues with the RG. I'm on my 4th RG in 3 years. 🙂

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

12 years ago

The RG shares dvr data across the network. See if you can change the N router to the 2.??  frequency then move your WAP for the stb's to the RG. reboot may be necessary.  WAP is designed to plug into the RG directly for communication. Ethernet port on dvr, stb is designed for input only. However people have been using it for other purposes. (not supported by ATT) but it works.

I still have the same RG for 2.5 years no problem. every case is different. If it was swapped for the same issue over and over again there might be something else going on.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for the info!!!  I'm "disappointed" (changed to please the filters) that I have a dual band router, but can't use it with my Uverse wireless receiver. I'll play around some more, but now I know the fix.

On all my equipment issues (4 RGs and 3 DVRs in 3 years), everytime an AT&T tech comes out they make the same comment, "the newer equipment is crap because it is all refurished."  I once had a tech not swap out my grey RG with a black RG because he said if I was having issues with the gray on, I would have even more issues with the black RG.  On the most recent visit do to skipping and freezing on all TVs, the tech replaced EVER connection in the house but when the signal didn't get better, he gave me a new RG.  Works great (for now).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

So I've battled this issue for months.  I have a Motorola receiver VIP 12xx and one wireless receiver.  The problem is with the wireless receiver.  None of the recorded shows on the dvr receiver show up in the list of recording, nor can the tv with the wireless receiver be paused.  So after many many attempts to correct this, I realized that the WAP transmitter wasn't connected via an ethernet cable directly to the Residential Gateway.  It was connected to another wireless router and did provide access to "cable shows", but nothing from the DVR.  So once I plugged the WAP into the Residential Gateway, and rebooted the WAP and wireless receiver, the DVR shows on the primary cable receiver now provide the recorded shows on the television with the wireless receiver.  YAY!  I think we created the problem during some reconfiguration of the cables connected between the Residential Gateway and two other wifi routers we use in the house.  Our house is 3,600 sq ft and it's tricky getting good wireless access in the more distant rooms.

If you're having this idential problem.  First confirm that your WAP is directly connect with an ethernet cable to the RG.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Just out of curiosity, why does the WAP have to be directly connected to the RG, and cannot go through a router connected to the RG? (I am not a techy type)

Thanks.

Mike B

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.