jenn7695's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 6:11 PM

New wireless receiver not working w/DVR

I just received 2 new wireless receivers and they both keep telling me I don't have DVR capabilities or its not plugged in. I called last night to Tech support and the man had me on the phone for an hour running around the house to different TV's/ receivers trying the same thing over and over again.  He had no clue how to help me. I am so frustrated now and still have no answers.

All my shows I have set show recording but nothing is supported to watch them and I can not pause live TV or anything.

I still have my 2 receivers I am suppose to send back but Im scared to now. Which by the way they are charging my $14.89 a day till they receive them.

Has anyone else had the DVR issue and is there a fix with out me being on the phone with another tech for an HOUR?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

What they didn't tell me was I had to keep the main DVR reciever that has the hard drive in it. So make sure you don't send back tthat receiver if you are swapping out to wireless. If you have it hook that back up to one of the TV's you have and the two wireless ones will work with the DVR.

Thanks ATT for telling us this.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Try rebooting your RG followed by rebooting your DVR and both of your wireless receivers.  After that, see if the wireless receivers can see the DVR.

You said that you spoke with someone in Technical Support last night, what was the outcome?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

I tryed that last night and nothing happened. The tech support was no help at all.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Tech support said "nothing we can do" or what?

If you are unable to get this resolved, send a PM to Alex who is an AT&T Community Manager on this forum.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

No by the 4 time that this person trying to help asked me to reboot the same receiver I pretty much gave up and said I would call back.

What is PM?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

PM = Private Message

You should have continued to work with the technical support person.  If they had been unable to resolve your issue over the phone, they would either send a technician to your home or send you new equipment.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

12 years ago

Are you trying the diagnostic help from the menu on the STB?  I know that mine shows a message saying I don't have a DVR.  Think that was covered in another post here...simply that the "self help" portion on the STB is incomplete.

Or can you really not see recorded shows from your wireless box?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

I can not see a list of recorded shows but what I can see are the scheduled shows. The diagnostic help doesn't fix the problem and neither does the reboot from home or the from the techs.

Scholar

• 

95 Messages

12 years ago

Last time the tech was here (4-5 weeks ago) we were discussing how U-Verse works.  Among other things, he agreed the Cisco 7500 wireless receiver does not have a built in DVR   It may have a buffer that allows step back and forth for approximately 1-hour. All recording (at my location) is done on the Motorola 1225 which has 2-SD and 2-HD receiver/recorders even when a recording is requested from the Cisco 7500. 

Now, there may be a wireless receiver that has a built-in DVR, but he didn't mention it.  Just throwing this out for discussion and to further my knowledge of what is coming down the pipe as far as equipment.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@PHOnos wrote:

Last time the tech was here (4-5 weeks ago) we were discussing how U-Verse works.  Among other things, he agreed the Cisco 7500 wireless receiver does not have a built in DVR   It may have a buffer that allows step back and forth for approximately 1-hour. All recording (at my location) is done on the Motorola 1225 which has 2-SD and 2-HD receiver/recorders even when a recording is requested from the Cisco 7500

Now, there may be a wireless receiver that has a built-in DVR, but he didn't mention it.  Just throwing this out for discussion and to further my knowledge of what is coming down the pipe as far as equipment.

You are describing how all of the wired and wireless non-DVR receivers work. By the way, the buffers for all the streams occur on the single DVR not on the non-DVR receivers regardless of whether they are wired or wireless.

There is no wireless DVR.  U-verse only has wireless non-DVR receivers.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.