For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
antman_2's profile

Guru

• 

506 Messages

Saturday, February 2nd, 2013 1:47 AM

New upgrades/ updates

To all ATT managers/ monitors and users- Can we expect any updates to further enhance our d.v.r.s? If so describe the features. Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Depends on when Microsoft updates the software that runs on the Set top boxes & DVR's. Keep in mind, that the software that ATT runs, is the same that is used on other systems that use this platform.

As for mod's/monitor's, they do not have the pleasure to state that info, because it is privy to "For your eyes only/Internal knowledge, not to be released to the public".

I imagine the next platform change will be when Microsoft Blue OS comes out around 2014, since they just made a huge change when Win8 came out.

Guru

• 

506 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for your insight man. Can't wait for the updates.

By the way, aside from the forums mentioning them does att tell when they happen? I don't ever remember them notifiying through messages.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@antman_2 wrote:

Thanks for your insight man. Can't wait for the updates.

By the way, aside from the forums mentioning them does att tell when they happen? I don't ever remember them notifiying through messages.

They never publicly pre-announce updates / improvements unless a Tier 2 releases a little "nugget of info," in passing.  We know of updates here way before AT&T ever releases public info on an improvement.  They update or add a feature, and if it is stable for a month or two THEN they do a press releas, announcing it.

THIS is the place to come to get scoops.  Folks look at stats on the U-Verse system and note any changes here.  A few folks noted that AT&T was testing additional streams (7 SD?) a few months ago.  This jibes with a "nugget leak" of increase in streams coming later this year.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.