spaulus's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, September 16th, 2018 8:32 PM

New receiver

This AT&T site says our new receiver is not connected.  How do we connect it?  No material came with it.  We got it on 7/23/2018.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Is it a dvr or a wireless or wired receiver?  Dvr and wired receivers are ethernet connected to the gateway from the yellow gateway ethernet ports to the network ethernet port on the back of the dvr or receiver.  Wireless receivers just communicate with the WAP (wireless access point - little black box also ethernet connected to the gateway).

After connecting (or even if you currently have it connected correctly) reboot the gateway (pull plug for 15 secs. and let it fully reboot) and after that the dvr (pull plug for 15 secs.).

You got it back in July and you are only complaining about it now?Man Surprised

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I didn’t complain as you can see I said AT&T site said the receiver wasn’t connected. I thought it was working. When, my husband and I got up this morning all u-verse was out-TV, internet and phone. It came on later in the morning as AT&T said the whole area was out. I checked on the website to have them run a check on all the equipment. This new receiver and new modem was installed by an AT&T tech.

I appreciate the fast answer to my question and will keep in case I need it later.

Thank you.

spaulus
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.