For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
infinity1976's profile

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

Tuesday, June 24th, 2014 12:23 AM

New firmware on STB VIP2250; Kansas city area

I have a VIP2250 and it appears to have been updated last night.

TV2 client version:  2.4.29140.22

Platform OS/Version:  WinCE/5.0.1400

Kansas City

Changes I see?

• GFX are different in menus/guide (just a bit)
  • There is a white box around what is selected in the guide and all menus now.
  • HDMI settings changes; I use to have it set to normal.  But now I need it on "low".

This translates to using Y of 16-234 (after update) vs 0-255  (before update)

• Dark shades no longer show redish tints like they previously did
  • Seems to not be clipping blacks as it did before (i'll know tonight when I watch in the dark) 

Is there a thread open on this update already?  Anyone else know much about it?

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

10 years ago

* fonts are different; hi-res

* in "recordings" previously viewed recording show up in italics; unviewed normal font

Scholar

• 

122 Messages

10 years ago

There exists this part of a thread started yesterday, but your post is more descriptive of the new features. I look forward to these changes, especially if the point size font for program descriptions is increased for legibility. Has the the on-demand interface changed, is it easier to read?

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

10 years ago

* At end of recording or hitting "stop" and selecting "watch next episode" it will ask you if you want to delete the current one before playing the next.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

@infinity1976 wrote:

* At end of recording or hitting "stop" and selecting "watch next episode" it will ask you if you want to delete the current one before playing the next.

My wife will be happy to have that.  Never used the "watch next episode" because this was missing.

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

10 years ago

@Ones wrote:

Has the the on-demand interface changed, is it easier to read?

It appears to me they refreshed everything with higher res fonts/gfx (not major changes just DPI).  I can easily read the descriptions on my TV (65").  On-demand still looks as it did, just with font/gfx refreshes.  I don't use it much so changes won't stand out to me.

Scholar

• 

122 Messages

10 years ago

@infinity1976 wrote:

It appears to me they refreshed everything with higher res fonts/gfx (not major changes just DPI).  I can easily read the descriptions on my TV (65"). On-demand still looks as it did, just with font/gfx refreshes.  I don't use it much so changes won't stand out to me.

Thank you for your reply, very good because the eight or nine point size font is very difficult to read. I like being able to watch episodes of a series consecutively, not having to answer a question after selecting Watch next episode is (soon to be was) a good feature.

Mentor

• 

84 Messages

10 years ago

Did the firmware correct the black levels? You mentioned you'll know more when you view in the dark, never saw the follow up.

Thank You.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.