Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Need to return Uverse equipment still

Highlighted
Contributor

Need to return Uverse equipment still

Hello I moved to a different city and still have my uverse dvr receiver equipment along with remote and wires. I never had time to mail it. Do I still return it or trash it? I moved from my last apartment in July of 2017. 

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by VivaciousV
‎02-24-2018 8:21 PM

Re: Need to return Uverse equipment still

If it's been more than 90 days, they don't want it back and it went to collections ($150-$400).

From the Terms of Service:

Return of Equipment. 

Upon termination of the Services for whatever reason, you must return the Equipment, undamaged, within 21 calendar days to AT&T. If the Equipment is not returned within 21 calendar days, or is returned damaged, you will be charged for the value of the Equipment. We may retain any advance payment or deposit, or portion thereof that previously had not been refunded, if you fail to return the Equipment within this time period. If the Equipment is returned within 90 days of termination, any fees charged for the Equipment will be refunded (other than fees for damages). No refunds will be made for any Equipment returned more than 90 days after termination.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

I would like to return one of the receivers from my u verse package. I went to an ATT store but they told me they only deal with service. But could not help with returning equipment. I need to know how to do this please

Message 3 of 4
Employee

@rowdyrose

Need to call 800.288.2020, billing department.

Request to remove receiver from account, provide the GUI number of receiver being returned. Given instructions on how to return using either UPS or FedEx location.

Retail cellular stores do not have or accept Uverse or DirecTv equipment.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support