Helpful Links

My DVR keeps rebooting, need help

Tutor

My DVR keeps rebooting, need help

I have been with att uverse for a few months now. Power went out 4 days ago and since then our bedroom wireless dvr has been constantly rebooting. Lights randomly flash, it cycles thru and sometimes I even get to see 15 seconds of tv before it says no signal and starts over again. Att support didn't find any problem so they sent another receiver and the second i get it connected to the network it starts rebooting too. A second call to customer support results in them wanting to send a technician so before they do I wanted to check here to see if anyone had any tips or advice before I get charged $99 for them to come out and tell me its something my fault.

There has been no issue at all with our living room tv and dvr or internet and wireless access. I have rebooted the modem and wap and even plugged the dvr into another outlet. Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you!!

Message 1 of 61
ACE - Expert

Re: My isb7005 dvr keeps rebooting, need help

gamwriter wrote:
Accidently unplugging the router should NOT permanently wreck a DVR.
Period.

Absolutely, it should not!  And it did?  Parts hanging out and everything?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 61 of 61
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app on your device.
It allows you to troubleshoot in the palm of your hand - quickly and easily!
You will also find some helpful articles below.

Additional Support