gbelous's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, October 11th, 2013 1:30 AM

My DVR keeps rebooting, need help

I have been with att uverse for a few months now. Power went out 4 days ago and since then our bedroom wireless dvr has been constantly rebooting. Lights randomly flash, it cycles thru and sometimes I even get to see 15 seconds of tv before it says no signal and starts over again. Att support didn't find any problem so they sent another receiver and the second i get it connected to the network it starts rebooting too. A second call to customer support results in them wanting to send a technician so before they do I wanted to check here to see if anyone had any tips or advice before I get charged $99 for them to come out and tell me its something my fault.

There has been no issue at all with our living room tv and dvr or internet and wireless access. I have rebooted the modem and wap and even plugged the dvr into another outlet. Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I'm having the same problem, STB all continuous rebooting. Called support, they said a tech will have to come out, and they have never heard of this problem. ??? Is that a standard answer everyone seems to be getting with this issue? It's been down 2 days. It started after lightning passed over our area, and a quick power outage. 

Anyhow, I tried rebooting everything several times with no luck in resolving the issue. I did unplug the DVR, and for a time the wireless boxes seemed to work. Plugged DVR back in, and now all boxes are constant rebooting cycle again.

I have 4 boxes total. 2 wired, 2 wireless. The DVR box, through all of this scenario has seemed to continue working fine. It's the other 3 that all keep doing the reboot. Last attempt I made, one STB has a red X in middle of the screen? BTW, internet, wifi etc all fine.

Does this sound familiar? Hopefully someone can help out. Sadly, our service through AT&T has been troublesome since we got it, seems like it's one problem after another. 

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @johnmi,

I am sorry about the issues you are having. It does sound like there may be an issue with the DVR causing the other receivers to reboot. One thing worth trying is rebooting the DVR to see if that will help. To do so, just unplug the power on the DVR, wait 10 seconds, and plug the power back. 

If still having problems, you may want to try a non-destructive disaster recovery on the DVR. To do so:

1. Unplug the power on the DVR
  2. Plug the power back
  3. Repeat steps 1 & 2 three more times.
  4. You should see a gear come up on the screen.
  5. Let it go through the startup. It may take several minutes.

Hope this helps.

-David T

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I am having a similar issue as frackgirl33. My dvr has been rebooting since Thursday night. I dont think I lost power (I was not home), but there was a heavy thunderstorm. I unplugged the box Thursday night as the box was really hot from rebooting every 2-5 minutes. Attempted to plug it back in yesterday morning with no success. I have tried rebooting myself by pressing the power button for 10 seconds, I have tried hitting the reset button on the back of the wireless box, I have unplugged from the wall, and I have tried unplugging the box, waiting for all 3 lights to appear and plugging back in the 3 times. The dvr box has stopped rebooting, but now it is frozen. There is a picture on the tv but I cant even adjust the volume. Any other suggestions besides getting the dvr replaced?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @scotterr,

I am so sorry about the issues you are having with your DVR, but I will be glad to help. It does sound like the DVR is defective, and we can definitely help you get it replaced. I will send you a private message to assist you further on this issue.

-David T

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Hi. No matter what I try, nothing works. My isb7005 (one of 2 additional rcvrs) keeps rebooting...Since saturday evening 7/19/14. It just lost a signal and has been in obsuritiy since.

I have unplugged... replugged... I get the Uverse screen.. I turn to a channel and it stays on for a minute or two then goes back into ATT reboot.

I have done attempts one, two, and three from the post above.

I have unplugged the main DVR and that didn't work.

Please note that this is ONLY happening in one room. Every now and then, I see the following message on the screen:

"Press BACK to try again or EXIT to cancel.

If this error happens again please try back in 30 minutes.

Error code: 0 - Failed to load resource

TV2RecourceLoad Exception: Failed to load resource

WebException: Unable to connect to remote server

SocketException: A connection attemt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond"

This is frustrating because my 1-year promotion just ended and so now I pay $50 more a month. Please help.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

nerohouse - Sounds like your STB is stuck trying to load the rollout. Try a destructive reboot. Then call for a replacement if that does not work, If it is the DVR, you will loe your recordings. But, consider them already gone as you will need a new DVR.

Do this on the front panel of the DVR itself, not on the remote:

1. Press and hold down the power button.

2. Within 1 second, also press and hold down the OK and down arrow buttons.

3. All 3 front panel lights (red, green, blue will come on). At this point, release the power button, but continue holding down OK and down arrow.

4. When you see a gear appear on the screen, release OK and down arrow.

The system will reload the factory software from the network. This will take 20-30 minutes, and then the system will reboot.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for this.

I just ended a chat with ATT. Gave the same instructions. It didn't work so
they are sending me a new box.

Appreciate your trying to help.

--

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Now I have the same issue as many others in this forum after a power outage for about less than a minute. I have 1 main dvr, 1 wired and 1 wireless. The wired and wireless were actively rebooting, staying up for about a few seconds of operation with channels then rebooting in a cycle. I tried unplugging the main dvr, that seems to have the wired and wireless working okay. Plug back the main dvr, both wired and wireless go into the same loop of reboot

Should I request replacement of the DVR? For now, I am planning to cut out the DVR so atleast service is available to watch live, but can't stay without the DVR for long

Thanks

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

10 years ago

First I would try the Troubleshoot and Resolve tool.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Attempted and as expected, it did not report any issues

I have a tech confirmed for t'row to come in and take a look

For now, I have turned off the DVR and using the other 2 receivers

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.