For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
gbelous's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, October 11th, 2013 1:30 AM

My DVR keeps rebooting, need help

I have been with att uverse for a few months now. Power went out 4 days ago and since then our bedroom wireless dvr has been constantly rebooting. Lights randomly flash, it cycles thru and sometimes I even get to see 15 seconds of tv before it says no signal and starts over again. Att support didn't find any problem so they sent another receiver and the second i get it connected to the network it starts rebooting too. A second call to customer support results in them wanting to send a technician so before they do I wanted to check here to see if anyone had any tips or advice before I get charged $99 for them to come out and tell me its something my fault.

There has been no issue at all with our living room tv and dvr or internet and wireless access. I have rebooted the modem and wap and even plugged the dvr into another outlet. Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you!!

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Was on chat with technical support last night.

They had me unplug the box, wait 10 seconds, plug it back in, and when it showed the three dots on the screen, unplug.  Did this three our four times, and I haven't had any issues since.

I did this on the wireless box.  Worth a try.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Unplugged it three or for times in a row (three dots, unplug, plug in. three dots, unplug, plug in) or let it run through the cycle and when the 3 dots come up for the second time unplug?

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Once the three dots show, unplug. Wait 10 seconds, plug back in. Repeat two more times. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

After nothing in this thread helped, i have a tech coming out today. I was told by Community Support that my gateway is re-initializing and there seems to be nothing wrong with my receivers. I guess we'll see what happens.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

The tech replaced my Gateway and wireless receiver. Now everything seems to be working fine.

Employee

• 

581 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for the update gmhotopp! Let us know if we can be of further assistance. Smiley Happy

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

Voyager

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I was having the same problem.  I have a VIP2250 DVR, three wired VIP1200s, and two wireless ISB7005s STBs.  Two of the wired and one of the wireless STBs were rebooting continuously.

The problem was fixed by:

1) unplugging the DVR

2) getting each STBs working, then turning them off (standby)

3) plug-in the DVR and wait till it completely rebooted

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

this is NOT a unique situation. it has happened to me 3 times in the last 4 years! today will be the 4th time. it is the access point or the dvr that has to be replaced. you should really find more robust equipment to give your customers.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

I just unplugged my wireless receiver to move it outside to watch Soccer (FIFA championship) and I am experiencing the same issue, the wireless receiver keeps rebooting.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the receiver started rebooting itself after I unplugged it and tried to move it outside. 

I made sure it was in standby mode before I unplugged it but I do remember the DVR in the other room was on, am not sure what the proper way is if there is one  

Anyone have a solution to this?  I tried all the steps suggested in this thread but no luck.

They are sending a tech out in a few days to check it.

Thank you

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I'm not sure if my power went out or not. All I know is that one night it was working fine, and the next evening when I came home from work, it was doing this freezing and rebooting thing. Today is day 3, and a tech is scheduled to come over tomorrow. I only have 1 TV in my household so I can't really answer the question "Is it just one TV or all of them?" I'll let ya'll know what the tech ends up doing.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.