dmcguire008's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 3rd, 2013 7:12 PM

Most current Uverse receiver set top box and wireless gateway model numbers

Hello,

I am currently operating with old Motorola set top boxes and the silver Ewire internet gateway.  Does anyone have the model numbers of the latest and greatest releases of hardware?  I have an HDMI audio issue with my Onkyo receiver when I have the Uverse box set to surround sound, I get audio drop outs on non digital audio channels so I am looking to upgrade and want to make sure I get the latest and greatest.

DVR set top?

Wired non-DVR set top?

Wireless Non-DVR set top?

Internet gateway wireless modem?

Thank you

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

IPTV

As a reminder, each AT&T service area gets either Motorola equipment or Cisco equipment, but not a mix/match.  If you want to upgrade, you will get the same brand of equipment.

1st Generation Motorola Equipment

VIP1200 - STB

VIP1216 - DVR, 160 GB

VIP1225 - DVR, 250 GB

2nd Generation Motorola Equipment

VIP2200 - STB

VIP2250 - DVR, 500 GB

VIP2500 - STB, Wireless  (also requires the use of wireless access point VAP2500)

Main improvement is the switch to a faster CPU (Broadcom 7405C vice Sigma Designs 8634).  Also improved HDMI and digital audio sections, and HPNA 3.1.

1st Generation Cisco Equipment

IPN330 - STB

IPN430 - DVR, 160 GB

IPN4320 - DVR, 320 GB

2nd Generation Cisco Equipment

ISB7500 - DVR, 500 GB

ISB7005 - STB, Wireless  (also requires the use of wireless access point VEN401-AP)

Same improvements as in the Motorola equipment.

Upcoming Equipment

Pace IPH8005 - DVR, 500GB (launches Oct 2013, limited availablility at first, unknown if available in all markets or just some)

Internet

1st Generation Gateways

VDSL:

2Wire 3800HGV-B

2Wire 3801HGV-B (improved CPU, HPNA, and Ethernet switching)

2Wire i3812V + i38HG (iNID setup, used for pair-bonding)

2Wire 3600HGV (internet and VOIP only, no IPTV, no HPNA)

ADSL2+:

2Wire 2701HG-B

Motorola 2210

Motorola NVG510

2nd Generation Gateways

Pace 5031NV (internet and VOIP only, no HPNA, no IPTV.  Has wireless 802.11n, can do both VDSL and ADSL2+)

Motorola NVG589 (Indoor pair-bonding, 802.11n, VDSL only).

Upgrade and Sizing Policy

New customers ordering IPTV with U300 or higher with HD are guaranteed to get a 500GB DVR, but cannot request a particular model.  The particular model the customer will get is dependent on inventory and what is available.

Existing customers can request a DVR upgrade, but will be charged $105 one-time upgrade fee.  Upgrading the DVR results in loss of all recorded content, but series recording definitions are preserved.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Does anybody know if the new equipment has rolled out yet?  I'm still on the first-gen equipment (1200,1216, 2Wire3800), and I'd like to upgrade, as well.  I also have the audio drop-outs and the high-pitched whine.  I don't want to swap out for 2nd-gen if 3rd-gen is right around the corner.  I'm in Dallas.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Yes, it's the DVR that has the whine.

Is the new DVR the Pace one listed above?  How is it different from the 2nd-gen Motorola?

Thank you for the information.

Employee

• 

581 Messages

10 years ago

Hello mondeca,

I can help you replace your DVR that is making high pitch sounds or whining. I have sent you a private message to discuss your account and setup an order to ship it to you.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Which is the latest WAP?  VEN401 or VAP2500?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I just spoke to Tech Support(Eddie) to ask about swapping out crappy Motorola receivers for the Cisco ones.  He checked with his manager.  He/She told Eddie that it wasn't possible.  I asked for the manager to come to the phone and explain it to me.  That manager refused.  Why wouldn't AT&T want it's customers to have the best possible equipment for the customer to use?  I have had Uverse since 2009 and I have been through 4 of these Motorola boxes.  They are total junk just like everything else that Motorola makes. What is the next step that I can pursue.  I wouls like a regional manager or someone to call me and tell me what the deal is  Can you help with that?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

You know, I've. Been a customer for at least 4 years. As, soon as,you were, available in my area. I got the phone ,U300, TV,package and high speed internet. it was fine for six months, until the price change. I pay $227 monthly for services I never use. No one help's me, they just want money. I, can't get a new receiver, unless,i pay $105, even tho mine is obsolete! If a tech comes to my home when there is a problem in the, line it'll be $99. The only people that get ANYTHING are NEW customers. What about us? The folks who diligently pay that $200+ Bill every month?? We get to watch, all the Uverse. Commercials about wireless TV BUT it, giant,z say we'll pay more, money. I am no, longer u in contract and I think I am going too switch companies they co!!!!st less,i don't have to have a phone to get my discovery I'D STATION AND THAT'S,all I wantI don't want movies I don't care about on car and Showtime I don't watch them but I'm forced to have them in order to get the programs that I want like this country ID so my bill continues to be over $200 for a phone that I never use shows that I never what and at this point I think it's time for a change I don't know about you but how to think that sure that we get through U verse is very good maybe they're too big maybe they are too busy but and I'm really bummed I think I'm going to switch I just need that wifi high speed internet and a few shows that I like and for my definition and there's so many other places like that company that has the hopper and all those other ones that are cheaper and your promotion / 12 months instead of 6 maybe I'm not supposed to write all this I don't know I haven't mention any names but I'm just I'm really thinking about it

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

@SomeJoe7777 wrote:

IPTV

As a reminder, each AT&T service area gets either Motorola equipment or Cisco equipment, but not a mix/match.  If you want to upgrade, you will get the same brand of equipment.

1st Generation Motorola Equipment

VIP1200 - STB

VIP1216 - DVR, 160 GB

VIP1225 - DVR, 250 GB

2nd Generation Motorola Equipment

VIP2200 - STB

VIP2250 - DVR, 500 GB

VIP2500 - STB, Wireless  (also requires the use of wireless access point VAP2500)

Main improvement is the switch to a faster CPU (Broadcom 7405C vice Sigma Designs 8634).  Also improved HDMI and digital audio sections, and HPNA 3.1.

1st Generation Cisco Equipment

IPN330 - STB

IPN430 - DVR, 160 GB

IPN4320 - DVR, 320 GB

2nd Generation Cisco Equipment

ISB7500 - DVR, 500 GB

ISB7005 - STB, Wireless  (also requires the use of wireless access point VEN401-AP)

Same improvements as in the Motorola equipment.

I am really curious abou this because I currently have the Motorola VIP 2250, but then I have 2 wireless boxes and a WAP, but Cisco ISB7005.  So, did someone make a mistake at AT&T?  I'm confused now.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

10 years ago

I believe there are a very few areas that may have both types of equipment available, or may have switched from one type to the other. This is not the case for most of the U-Verse footprint, though.

Guru

• 

921 Messages

10 years ago

@SomeJoe7777 wrote:
I believe there are a very few areas that may have both types of equipment available, or may have switched from one type to the other. This is not the case for most of the U-Verse footprint, though.

I am 99% positive there is only one WIFI box, the Cisco ISB7005

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.