For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
FormerWillyb's profile

Mentor

• 

89 Messages

Saturday, May 23rd, 2015 3:19 PM

Master Guide option?

There used to be a sticky here for feature requests, but I can't find it.  It is a major nuisance to have to change the hidden channels on multiple receivers.  We have the DVR plus three more.  Whenever some new sports channels or automobile ad channel or other infomercial channel gets added, we have to go to each STB and hide it in order to have a useable list in the Guide.  Changing plans is even more major, as we just upgraded from U200 to U300, so here we go again.  

It would be really handy if there were an option for the DVR to be the master Guide controller, so that it could be set and all the STB's use that guide.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

No such luck.  Glad I only have a DVR. Smiley LOL

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Mentor

• 

89 Messages

9 years ago

One day, there will be a practical wireless HDMI that can broadcast to multiple receivers throughout the house.  Then we can have just the DVR, too.  

We do have a single STB feeding two TV's in adjacent rooms, but that IO Gear Wireless HDMI is really flaky and tricky to work, plus it works with only a single receiver.  At least with that we don't have the latency we had with two STB's, nor the impossibility of having the same DVR recording playing back on two STB's.

It's too bad that STB's are only made by a few manufacturers and sold only to cable TV providers.  If they were a standardized consumer product, we'd see way better features, not to mention prices, with multiple companies like Samsung, Sony, LG, Netgear, Linksys, and others getting into the business.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.