oly1331's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, August 3rd, 2014 5:19 AM

Lost signal then lost recordings

Lost signal on main tv.  Did the whole power up per instructions on screen.  Received the one gear on screen, then no connection.  It did it again and then had the 2 gears, appeared to cycle through and then I had a signal/connection again.  But I lost all recordings.  Is there a way to retrieve these?  I've seen other posts where the dvr was replaced but, that is not the case for me.  I have this problem every few weeks, usually on the tv furthest from the main box, but, have never lost the recordings.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the reply.  I actually only used the power button.  Held it down for the 10 seconds and let it do it's thing.  I only had about 15 shows recorded with about 80% capacity left.  I guess there's nothing I can do about the recordings then?

Guru

• 

644 Messages

10 years ago

What did the instructions tell you to do? If it was a soft reboot you should still have your recordings. I never lose mine on a soft reboot...

You can send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you in two to three business days to help you get a resolution to your problems.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. envelope.png

1 Attachment

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@oly1331 wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  I actually only used the power button.  Held it down for the 10 seconds and let it do it's thing.  I only had about 15 shows recorded with about 80% capacity left.  I guess there's nothing I can do about the recordings then?

Sure, do what I did when my DVR took a dump.  Luckily for me it did it when Uverse TV went out here in metro Detroit last Sunday (according to prem tech Mon, brought new DVR).

That way I could still see what was on my DVR before it croaked on uverse online.  Wrote everything down, checked Search for any repeats (10) of the shows, then watched 8 or so at uverse online, USANetwork online and FX online.

If you can, you can check your Scheduled Recordings as a Guide to what you had and lost too if uverse online is no help. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@oly1331 wrote:

Lost signal on main tv.  Did the whole power up per instructions on screen.  Received the one gear on screen, then no connection.  It did it again and then had the 2 gears, appeared to cycle through and then I had a signal/connection again.  But I lost all recordings.  Is there a way to retrieve these?  I've seen other posts where the dvr was replaced but, that is not the case for me.  I have this problem every few weeks, usually on the tv furthest from the main box, but, have never lost the recordings.

Sounds like somehow it went through a forced disaster recovery (2 gears) and lost recordings, when it didn't get it fixed on the non-destructive disaster recovery (1 gear) that would not have erased the recordings. 

Regular press the power button and just unplug/plugin reboots never get any gears. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.