Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Lose connection to Uverse every day at 11 pm

Contributor

Lose connection to Uverse every day at 11 pm

Everyday around 11 pm, we lose the connection on our Uverse TVs. We have wired and wireless boxes and DVRs. It goes out for a few seconds then comes back, but it happens several times from 11 pm through 1 am. So frustrating! Any advice?

Message 1 of 5
Employee

Re: Lose connection to Uverse every day at 11 pm

Is gateway rebooting?

If happening on all receivers at same time would point to signal coming in or power issue...

possible software updates 

Home lighting on dimmer switch or programmed timing

Flourscent lights near cat5e run from NID in basement, ballast in light fixture

Treadmill or other activity with compressors, motors.

Water Softner or similar recharging affecting power or line 

A few years back post about vampires at night, customer having intermittent line noise, issue was a street lamp flickering (ballast). Every time flickered induce noise causing errors to gateway with gateway rebooting when light stable.

Just need to look at everything happening inside home and around neighborhood. Look at gateway stats before time frame and during time frame for errors being reported both type and quantity.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Thank you for your reply. When you say "look at gateway stats", how would I do this? Thanks.

Casey

Message 3 of 5
Scholar

Good luck. I've had pixelating on all TV's for over a month and all I can get is some useless person from who knows where wanting to reboot the DVR. 

Message 4 of 5

I also have this problem. No help from AT&T except go through all the steps of rebooting, waste of time. They just need to let the ppl know what is going on. is it a system reboot. If so, they should allow us to decide when we want to have the system reboot, like at 3 am or something.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support