Location of IR receiver on VIP1225 box

Employee

Location of IR receiver on VIP1225 box

I am setting up my U-verse with all the boxes in the basement (just like I had DirecTV previously) and a Universal MX-3000 RF to IR remote control that operates it all. The remote sends an RF signal to a box that converts that signal to the appropriate Motorola signal and sends that through the IR cable stuck to the front of the receiver.

The thing is, I can't seem to tell for certain where exactly the IR receiver is on the front of the VIP1225 unit is. Can someone point me to a schematic which shows this (or at least give me a general idea where to put it)?

Thanks gang!

Thanks,
Shawn McPike

Senior Manager of Social Media Listening and Enablement
AT&T

@shawnmcpike on twitter

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions". This will help other users find this information too!!
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 6 (18,836 Views)
Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author shawnmcpike
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Location of IR receiver on VIP1225 box

The IR receiver is just to the right of the red recording light on the front of the unit.

Message 2 of 6 (18,830 Views)
Expert

Photo HERE might be of some help.

Message 3 of 6 (18,753 Views)
Employee

Thank you sir. Perfect description of where it was.I now have hooked up my Universal MX-3000 touch-screen remote to my U-verse equipment. :smileyhappy:

Photo of my MX-3000 Remote on Twitter

Thanks,
Shawn McPike

AT&T

@shawnmcpike on twitter

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions". This will help other users find this information too!!
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6 (18,636 Views)
Employee

Thank you very much... wow this was extremely hlepful in validating that I was pointing to the right place. Great photo. What kind of setup do you have?

Thanks,
Shawn McPike

AT&T

@shawnmcpike on twitter

Employee Contributor*
Message 5 of 6 (18,627 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Me?  Nothing like that. Smiley Very Happy  That post is from a user on UU (posted with permission). Smiley Wink 

Message 6 of 6 (18,568 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.