IAmTheJody's profile

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

Wednesday, June 1st, 2011 4:15 PM

Last night's software update

Anyone know what it was for? All 3 of my receivers had to go through the process of downloading software update, installed, rebooting, etc. I can't see anything different. Anyone know what it's about?

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

13 years ago

nope...didn't fix it....still losing HDMI sync during fast forward...any other ideas?

also loses HDMI HDCP sync when trying to rewind live tv...

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

13 years ago

This is a long shot but have you tried a different hdmi cable?

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

13 years ago

Its obviously not the HDMI cable since it has been working perfectly (well relatively) since January until this software update...

Either way, I don't have another HDMI to test with...so unless the 3 foot HDMI cable mysteriously broke on the same night as the update, I'm going to assume its not the HDMI cable...

Scholar

• 

179 Messages

13 years ago

@lax01 wrote:

Its obviously not the HDMI cable since it has been working perfectly (well relatively) since January until this software update...

Either way, I don't have another HDMI to test with...so unless the 3 foot HDMI cable mysteriously broke on the same night as the update, I'm going to assume its not the HDMI cable...

Wellll...I'm probably wrong but, could it be that the cable you have is not certified for the version of HDMI the STB is now using since it got updated maybe AT&T updated the HDMI and your old cable might not be up to date???

Take a peek here..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Version_comparison

So I would be buying a new cable and making sure that it was 1.4 compliant. You don't need to spend 40+ bucks for a HDMI cable either. I don't care what anyone says, wire is wire, if the cable meets the specs a 15 dollar cable is as good as a 50 dollar cable. All my HDMI cables cam from Big Lots and I have no problems on either of the three STBs, laptops or PC's that are using them.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

You can try a new cable.  Also, you can try using a component cable (red, green, and blue) rca cables, along with a red and white audio cable.  You will still be able to view hd programming.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

13 years ago

Wonderful

Now I can pause live TV in the bedroom.

Thoughful upgrade.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

I was having issues with no sound watching HD channels. When I called Uverse, the technician told me not to use the HDMI cable as their receivers didn't work well with them.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

That csr was really wrong.  Many subs you hdmi cables with UV stbs with no problems.  It is possible you have a bad hdmi cable or there is an issue between the stb and your television.  There are other alternatives you can use other than hdmi cables, such as component cables (red, green, and blue rca cables).  Then you would also have to use the red and white rca cables for audio.

Guru

• 

727 Messages

13 years ago

Fell A sleep watching tv woke up by the relay in the STB rebooting after update I missed the process but I got the updated tv receiver 2.0 now all 4 boxes now updated sneaky Uverse now I know why my mom was screaming her head off when it interrupted her playing Yahoo games

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

13 years ago

The cable obviously isn't the issue and I'd REALLY rather not go component considering HDMI was working 100% fine before the Phase 3 release. Any other ideas to troubleshoot?

This is still occuring. I'm going to try resetting the gateway and the STB overnight...anyway to revert back to the previous firmware (which had zero issues? Doubt it)....

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.