Last night's software update

Highlighted
Teacher

Last night's software update

Anyone know what it was for? All 3 of my receivers had to go through the process of downloading software update, installed, rebooting, etc. I can't see anything different. Anyone know what it's about?

Message 1 of 32 (5,093 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Last night's software update

You might want to see if Phase 3 has rolled out to your area. If so, you should be able to pause live TV fram any reciever.
-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 32 (5,002 Views)
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author IAmTheJody
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

IAmTheJody wrote:

Anyone know what it was for? All 3 of my receivers had to go through the process of downloading software update, installed, rebooting, etc. I can't see anything different. Anyone know what it's about?

Read about Phase 3:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Total-Home-DVR/Phase-3/td-p/2276349

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 32 (4,973 Views)
Teacher

Thanks to you both. I rarely use that feature which is why I didn't notice the change but it's working so I guess that was it. Thanks again.

Message 4 of 32 (4,924 Views)
Expert

Enjoy.

Message 5 of 32 (4,801 Views)
Teacher

Phase 3 is to make everything respond slower and add features that will never be used (in my case).

I wish the time and development was used to FIX a poor UI - menu wrap, 1- button CC, go directly to channel in hide/add channels, ect.

Message 6 of 32 (4,672 Views)
Expert

The_Tango wrote:

Phase 3 is to make everything respond slower and add features that will never be used (in my case).

I wish the time and development was used to FIX a poor UI - menu wrap, 1- button CC, go directly to channel in hide/add channels, ect.

Unfortunately for you, most customers are excited about the Phase 3 Update and have been waiting patiently for it to arrive for some time.

Message 7 of 32 (4,652 Views)
Teacher

So what is everyone so excited about - I don't see any changes that are of use. Granted all I ever do is watch live/recorded TV. I am not being sarcastic - What does this give/do that is any different or better.
Message 8 of 32 (4,452 Views)
Expert

The_Tango wrote:
So what is everyone so excited about - I don't see any changes that are of use. Granted all I ever do is watch live/recorded TV. I am not being sarcastic - What does this give/do that is any different or better.

The biggest thing that most people are excited about is being able rew and ff live tv on the nondvr stbs.  It was announced years ago, and people got restless.  Many people left other service providers where they had multiple dvrs and Uverse only offers one per home.  So they were experiencing withdrawal from that ability on more than one television.  That is basically what the biggest deal is about phase 3.  It also offers lots of other features which have been posted about already. 

Message 9 of 32 (4,419 Views)
Teacher

So I just got the update as well (and haven't hard-reset) but when I fast forward on the DVR, the HDMI connection from the DVR loses sync with the TV...is this a known defect? Will a hard reset fix this? Pretty annoying which I'm hoping is fixed by a hard-reset...

Message 10 of 32 (4,409 Views)
Expert

That should resolve the issue but if it doesn't do the following.  While the tv and stb are turned on disconnect the hdmi cable from the stb and press and hold the power button until the lights flash.  After 5 minutes reconnect the hdmi cable.

Message 11 of 32 (3,584 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

nope...didn't fix it....still losing HDMI sync during fast forward...any other ideas?

also loses HDMI HDCP sync when trying to rewind live tv...

Message 12 of 32 (3,554 Views)
Teacher

This is a long shot but have you tried a different hdmi cable?

Message 13 of 32 (3,537 Views)
Teacher

Its obviously not the HDMI cable since it has been working perfectly (well relatively) since January until this software update...

Either way, I don't have another HDMI to test with...so unless the 3 foot HDMI cable mysteriously broke on the same night as the update, I'm going to assume its not the HDMI cable...

Message 14 of 32 (3,534 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

lax01 wrote:

Its obviously not the HDMI cable since it has been working perfectly (well relatively) since January until this software update...

Either way, I don't have another HDMI to test with...so unless the 3 foot HDMI cable mysteriously broke on the same night as the update, I'm going to assume its not the HDMI cable...

Wellll...I'm probably wrong but, could it be that the cable you have is not certified for the version of HDMI the STB is now using since it got updated maybe AT&T updated the HDMI and your old cable might not be up to date???

Take a peek here..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Version_comparison

So I would be buying a new cable and making sure that it was 1.4 compliant. You don't need to spend 40+ bucks for a HDMI cable either. I don't care what anyone says, wire is wire, if the cable meets the specs a 15 dollar cable is as good as a 50 dollar cable. All my HDMI cables cam from Big Lots and I have no problems on either of the three STBs, laptops or PC's that are using them.

Message 15 of 32 (3,482 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.