IAmTheJody's profile

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

Wednesday, June 1st, 2011 4:15 PM

Last night's software update

Anyone know what it was for? All 3 of my receivers had to go through the process of downloading software update, installed, rebooting, etc. I can't see anything different. Anyone know what it's about?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

13 years ago

@IAmTheJody wrote:

Anyone know what it was for? All 3 of my receivers had to go through the process of downloading software update, installed, rebooting, etc. I can't see anything different. Anyone know what it's about?

Read about Phase 3:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Total-Home-DVR/Phase-3/td-p/2276349

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

13 years ago

You might want to see if Phase 3 has rolled out to your area. If so, you should be able to pause live TV fram any reciever.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks to you both. I rarely use that feature which is why I didn't notice the change but it's working so I guess that was it. Thanks again.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

Enjoy.

Teacher

• 

31 Messages

13 years ago

Phase 3 is to make everything respond slower and add features that will never be used (in my case).

I wish the time and development was used to FIX a poor UI - menu wrap, 1- button CC, go directly to channel in hide/add channels, ect.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

@The_Tango wrote:

Phase 3 is to make everything respond slower and add features that will never be used (in my case).

I wish the time and development was used to FIX a poor UI - menu wrap, 1- button CC, go directly to channel in hide/add channels, ect.

Unfortunately for you, most customers are excited about the Phase 3 Update and have been waiting patiently for it to arrive for some time.

Teacher

• 

31 Messages

13 years ago

So what is everyone so excited about - I don't see any changes that are of use. Granted all I ever do is watch live/recorded TV. I am not being sarcastic - What does this give/do that is any different or better.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

@The_Tango wrote:
So what is everyone so excited about - I don't see any changes that are of use. Granted all I ever do is watch live/recorded TV. I am not being sarcastic - What does this give/do that is any different or better.

The biggest thing that most people are excited about is being able rew and ff live tv on the nondvr stbs.  It was announced years ago, and people got restless.  Many people left other service providers where they had multiple dvrs and Uverse only offers one per home.  So they were experiencing withdrawal from that ability on more than one television.  That is basically what the biggest deal is about phase 3.  It also offers lots of other features which have been posted about already. 

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

13 years ago

So I just got the update as well (and haven't hard-reset) but when I fast forward on the DVR, the HDMI connection from the DVR loses sync with the TV...is this a known defect? Will a hard reset fix this? Pretty annoying which I'm hoping is fixed by a hard-reset...

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

That should resolve the issue but if it doesn't do the following.  While the tv and stb are turned on disconnect the hdmi cable from the stb and press and hold the power button until the lights flash.  After 5 minutes reconnect the hdmi cable.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.