buckeyeba's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, January 15th, 2013 1:01 PM

Just Upgraded to HD...

Finally bought an HDTV and upgraded the $10 charge to HD channels. Last night, I was recording ONE show on HD but was UNABLE TO WATCH ANOTHER HD CHANNEL! I could watch a SD channel. Seriously? It's THIS restrictive? Am I not setting up something properly? Halp!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

buckeyeba -As posted above, you should be able to watch more HD simultaneously.

It always is worth trying a simple reboot. YOu also want to male sure your boxes are in synch bt doing it in order.

Pull the ac plug on the RG, DVR and STB.
Plug in the RG wait for green lights.
Plug in the DVR and wait for picture.
Plug in the other STB.
After this, you may be out of the woods.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Please download and install this maintenance tool developed by a forum member Somejoe7777. Here is the link:

http://www.uverserealtime.com/

After installing the tool, please post screenshots of the following tabs: IP/Profile, Error Table, & Bitloading. After posting the above screenshots, we can review them and see what profile you are on.  You should be getting more than one HD stream.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

First off, what does it state under Options > System Options > System Information > System resources, for Streams, Bandwidth Cap, Egress Profile?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Streams:             0 SD/4HD(WAN); 1SD/3HD(Ingress)

Bandwidth cap:  31947200(WAN); 26960400(Ingress)

Egress Profile:    20000000, 0 SD/3HD

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

I tried to install it, but as usual with Windows, there was an error. I'm going to call AT&T and hopefully get someone who speaks English.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

How many recordings/tv shows were you trying ot watch at once?  According to your profile, you shoud be able to record 3 hd shows at once and watch up to 4. In order to watch the 4th HD channel, you'll need to be watching it from another box in your house.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

I was recording ONE program. I tried to change the channel and watch a different HD program; an error mssg said "the HD something something was busy." I live alone, and my other DVR was off. As usual, I can't get to a live human being in tech support. Anyone know a number to bypass all the 'press this, say that' stuff?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Yes. I rebooted and started recording stuff and can change channels! SUCCESS!!! Thanks, everybody. I'll now post a new question about my DVR storage:)

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

What version of Windows are you running on your computer? The software mentioned was actually written by a member of the forum, not ATT, and it is known that there is a issue with one part of the software that installs with the utility, not being compatible with Windows 8.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

XP Version 2.crapp. No worries. All is well!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.